mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

would this work?

I've been mulling over the huge rant discussion that went down over in the Dead Zone about experienced players and what they should and should not be using on the field with rental players, and came up with an idea I wanted to run past you folks, see what the feedback is.

Without rehashing (or reopening, please) that whole can of worms, my idea is simply this: we the players in the midwest ask our favorite fields to change their rules for the recreational fields and games (not the tourney/x-ball/PSP practice fields and not their advertised scenario games, just the fields and games they put their rental players on) so that you can only use non-battery, non-spring powered loading devices to feed your marker (though magazine and tube fed markers, like pistols and stock class, I'd make an exception for). This way everyone can use whatever marker they want, but there's a very real limit on the ROF of all parties so that our rental players (generally new to the sport, the ones we want to encourage to stick around) aren't facing anything that they can't generate themselves. At the same time, if you own your own gear and want to play a slower game, you can go join the recball group with your $5 slap-agitated hopper, and if you want to test out your fancy new SuperBlastemFlatter's ROF, you put your Rotor or whatever back on it and go join in on the other field.

Why am I asking you guys? It boils down to this - could we convince the owners at, say, Jaegers in KC to adopt this? Because at the end of the day, we as players can say "I won't take my super duper muppet mowing face melter against renters, and I will encourage others to do so as well" 'til we're blue in the face, but it won't keep others from doing just that. We've all seen it happen, time and again. We have folks here in the forums who work at the various fields we like to give our business to, so I'm mostly looking for their feedback, but I'm willing to listen to anyone else as well. Would this work at the fields here in the Kansas/Missouri/Illinois corridor?

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Watch this space for an upcoming sale and in the meantime, check out my my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Art of pump is a large group that sort of does this in the midwest. They'll essentially "take over" fields with pump guns for a day.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
AC Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Art of pump is a large group that sort of does this in the midwest. They'll essentially "take over" fields with pump guns for a day.

I'd gladly join that group. Would like to see a similar group make it happen in Texas.
kjcent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I haven't found a solution but I'd like to see more home field organization of pump games. I know Fox paintball in Illinois has a good pump scene and a lot of the Canadian fields seem to as well from what I read here.

Most regulars have pump markers these days, something we underestimate, and if you want to be even more flexible include magfed and any semi with a 10 round tube feed.

Unfortunately, I don't think the solution is to find a more inclusive version of paintball then what the fields have figured out, it's their business, let them do that (and while they might listen most fields are not going to change based on a few voices).

We really just need to organize and play the game we want to play. I know it sounds selfish and against being an "ambassador", but I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on gear to make some kid's day special.

The trick is how do you get the word out? Most of the people that play pump are not on MCB.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post

The trick is how do you get the word out? Most of the people that play pump are not on MCB.
Where are they?

Un2XS Feedback

The (Infamous) Woodsball Manifesto by Rob "Tyger" Rubin

Real heros don't wear spandex. - Mel Gibson

Nothing is impossible. Some things just take longer. - David Chase
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un2xs View Post
Where are they?
facebook
Old 02-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I really think you need to be someone that's active here, on Facebook, PBnation, SocialPB, etc and cross post the **** out of it. It's why promoters are who they are, they're good at this kind of stuff.

It's one thing I give the Milsim guys credit for, they definitely know how to promote their side of the sport better then anyone else. Maybe team up with one of their promoters and add on pumps to a magfed only game they're promoting? You can bet they don't want to play magfed against a field of electros with 200 round rotors either.

I wish I could be more help, but I'm just not that active anywhere else but here. I'm sure i'll get some of my friends on board for some private pump games this spring and will make sure to post up. I know a few Chicago guys on this board would be down.

I also gotta make my way up to Fox to start meeting some of those guys. Maybe build a Central Illinois Pump Rolodex with contact info, weekday/weekend availability and realistic distance willing to drive.

Last edited by theangrydragon; 02-07-2016 at 04:40 PM.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central