mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

KS - JC/Ft Riley - Foxhole Paintball & Airsoft

No joke, I actually set foot on a paintball field property today. No, I didn't play. I need to get reaclimateded to outside activity in the Kansas heat. (The index had been over 100 most dates lately.)

I ventured over to Foxhole Paintball & Airsoft at Grandview Plaza. The field is so close to Ft Riley that you can see post across the river. They have a turfed airball course that was seeing action quite often before people retreated to the shade of the woodsball fields.

Field rentals are mostly 98's, but they did say you can upgrade from there. I forgot the cost of a rental package, but field fee is $10 if you have your own equipment. Paint starts at $55 per case. Tournament grade is available. HPA on site, but no CO2 refills. (You can bring your own CO2)

It's a small shop with big plans. Currently on the wall are low and mid range Tippmann and DYE guns. They have the usual assortment of accessories like pods, belts, socks, and hoppers.

Very friendly folks... heck they put up with me for an hour or two! Family owned and run is great when done right. So far, so good.

I was told that they work with Drop Zone from Lawrence and Elite Sports at Salina/Assaria. There is apparently going to be a traveling tournament between the three fields.

The bad news for me is that they didn't have braided hose and fittings for my Fox. And they couldn't get their last macroline fittings to stop leaking. Always next weekend when the new order comes in to get the Fox ready for the field.

Oh... almost forgot... optional 20' surrender rule. 280 fps chromo speed. They have occasionals that play pump no matter what. Rate of fire is capped at ?10.5? Some of the regulars are paint sprayers. Many of the regulars prefer woodsball. I was told 35 people is a not unusual and that they have had walk-on days with over 80 people.

EDIT - First Strike not allowed.

Foxhole's Facebook page is:
https://m.facebook.com/Foxhole-Paint...1712058864987/

-

Un2XS Feedback

The (Infamous) Woodsball Manifesto by Rob "Tyger" Rubin

Real heros don't wear spandex. - Mel Gibson

Nothing is impossible. Some things just take longer. - David Chase

Last edited by Un2xs; 06-22-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I believe this is after Red took the place over, nice gal. That field has been through the ropes but she has huge hopes for the place. I will have to make it back over there.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

Foxhole stray answers

Answers to stray questions. May have created just more questions.

What paint do you stock. (FPO field.)
We stock only .68 paint, and have GI Sportz 1-star and 3-star available.

Do you have a tech that knows old guns
We have a dedicated Tech come in every Sunday to maintain and repair our rentals and players' markers. His rate is $15 per work hour, and he has a collection of various parts. If he can't find a matching one, we can do our best to find and order it.

As a mixed PB/airsoft field, do you have enough pballers for decent games
We have a mix of both paintballers and airsofters, but have more pballers on average. Our open players usually prefer woodsball, but we also have dedicated speedballers as well.

If you have any other questions, feel free to continue emailing us, call at (785) 410-1709, or shoot us a message on Facebook.

Un2XS Feedback

The (Infamous) Woodsball Manifesto by Rob "Tyger" Rubin

Real heros don't wear spandex. - Mel Gibson

Nothing is impossible. Some things just take longer. - David Chase
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central