mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
GtrLvr's marker history in (mostly) action shots.

I do not have good photos of some of my markers but I do have lots of action shots of me using them. I'm going to try really hard not to leave any out, but I'm sure I'll forget something.

First off I started playing around winter 2008 after a divorce that left me with lots of free money and time. The outlaw guys I started with told me the tippmann 98 was the best gun, and I bought one on craigslist after the first game. I decided to put some wood on it and made a nice wood stock, foregrip and grip panels. I sold it to a friend later so I still see it occasionally.

My second marker purchase a few weeks later was a tippmann pro-carbine on craigslist. That I decided to put some wood on as well. It eventually got sold or traded to someone on here.

Third marker purchase became my first pump. I had been playing with these crazy pump guys called the Rubber Duckies, and was inspired to try pump.
Bought a non working Outkast from a local player and purchased a pump kit for it. It later was converted back to mech and I still have and use it.
(old pic, recent pic)

Now this is where the order I bought them gets fuzzy.
I bought a pgp, that was short lived and got sold.

And a RF cocker that went from mech to pump and got sold to a friend.

I also got a nice craigslist snag of a partial pro-carbine, VM-68 and classic automag.
VM-68 got used twice and sold or traded.

I fell in love with the automag right away.

In true automag fashion, it got all it's parts replaced until I had two mags. The classic got sold, and I still have this one. It recently got a pump kit installed.

One day I was browsing the MCB BST...and suddenly had to spend $500. This is my unicorn, I realize now I got a damn good deal on it. This is the marker that will never be sold and would be the only one if I could only have one. It went from someone's wall hanger to my workhorse and I've let dozens of people take it for a spin to try pump. No you can't buy it.

Worked with a guy who had this in his closet for a while. Was "splash" painted very badly so it got polished. Pneumatics were trashed so I got a friend to stick a phantom feed on it and another made me a pump kit. This may be the second gun I would never sell after the ripper. Just got 518 milled by a friend. I really want to give it some anno soon.

Got a non working rusty Rainmaker from a friend. Got some parts and got it working. Still own and use it and it shoots great.

Got this milled raw impulse given to me in non working condition. Got it running and still use it. My go to for attempting to shoot lots of paint.

Got this 2k2 Timmy bought for me by an ex with my money, for way too much. She also bought herself a pink shocker and purple ego for way too much. She had to go. Sold the timmy recently, I almost never used it.

Traded a crossbow on craigslist for an evil pimp and an ion plus some gear. Sold the ion right away and used the pimp a few times, then sold it to a friend.

Got this at some point, used it and liked it but needed cash so it got sold. PMS Maniac II

Friend was reluctantly selling this mag with a full blue splash kit and pump. I bought it so it would stay local he could use it again if he wants (I also really wanted it). I decided I liked this in original semi form and put the pump kit on my ule bodied mag recently.

Got a Brass Eagle King Cobra

My girlfriend (now wife) decided I needed a purple gun, so she let me pick one out. This thing shoots amazing and I use it quite a bit.

Got a Sheridan P68SC that was rebarreled by someone. Rebuilt it, made a stock. Build thread here: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ally-done.html

Edit: 3/1/15
Got a Sovereign in that needs work, currently trying to locate springs and seals.

Also got a great deal on an ICD Alley Cat. Very impressed with this one, very light and nice shooting for it's age. I'm surprised these aren't more common.

Forgot about the splatmasters, now only 1, gave the other to a friend.

There's a couple STBB in various stages of function I have no pics of, a long gone A5 and a functioning 98. A Traccer and also a stainless cocker threaded nelson that came and went quick I forgot about.
My Collection
feedback

Last edited by GtrLvr; 07-05-2015 at 12:37 PM.
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
A beautiful bitch

How's my long most Monroe county doing? I enjoyed my time up there.

Anyway your collection is my style. Sweet deal on a ripper pump.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I am quite a bit east from monroe county. In fact I am 4 miles from the Vermont border.
My Collection
feedback
Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
A beautiful bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrLvr View Post
I am quite a bit east from monroe county. In fact I am 4 miles from the Vermont border.
Meh it's all just 'upstate' (I grew up on the island)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Goin for it

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Pics are mostly broken =[

My Feedback
Ant Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I know leaving the photos on facebook is not a good idea. I'll get them back when I have the time.
My Collection
feedback
Old 07-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
post deleting ghost attak

CCM Fan
fix your photos scotty!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Ok that only took forever but all the pics are finally fixed. I feel accomplished for the day.
My Collection
feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner