mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
The cake is a lie

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Gatto's Collection

I've been playing since the early 90's, and I've never sold off a gun. While I don't own any unicorns or wall-hangers, all of these guns tell a story. They all work, and they've all seen the field. So, in order of acquisition:

Tippmann Pro/Am #09863
My first gun, bought from a friend who had just upgraded to an Automag. It came with the 16" SP barrel and a bipod, but I added the Prolite frame and foregrip.

ACI F4 Illustrator #415805
My first NIB gun, and was my primary for almost 3 years. I originally ran remote with a gas-through stock until I upgraded to HPA. I added the ACI High Volume Chamber, a venturi bolt, and fully polished the internals. It's shown with an ACI Zero-Gravity barrel with a Lapco Bigshot (.689) for that "small" paint.

BE Nightmare Long Barrel Competition "Foxtrot November"
I bought this ages ago after envying the looks of my cousin's Nightmare SB. Unfortunately, it never worked (the powertube was bent). That is, until last year when I tapped into the talent and knowledge of my fellow MCB'ers (thank you RuleofSines!) (and parts from Bacci) was able to get working again. Hopefully, I will never need to change the valve o-rings....

2003 WGP Black Magic "Requiem" #121556
My favorite. I'd always wanted a FreeFlow, but could never afford one, so I built this up to be as close as possible. It currently has a Belsales Hollowpoint 4-way, Belsales .44 Ram, Palmer's Rock LPR, WGP delrin bolt, Freeflow valve and spring kit, Freeflow frame and trigger plate, Shocktech roller sear, and a SP Freak barrel (12" AA front). It's also shown with my original HPA system: AGD 68/3000 Flatline.

Sheridan P68SC #494702397
I bought this from a friend who was selling off some old gear, and shortly thereafter I sent it off to Sam Tussing for customization. The "porting" in the feed tube is my own design, and also features his moly-coat finish, polished/honed barrel, valve work, with a PPS Fasst changer and a Crosman stock.

PT Extreme
I bought this NIB for backyard games and found it thoroughly impractical. Primarily, the stock barrel bore is enormous making it hard to hit the broad side of a barn in a barn wholesaler's lot. Also shown with it's Sam Tussing holster.

PMI Trracer "Le Frelon" #056657
I "rescued" this from an indoor paintball field's rental fleet. By the early 2000's nobody was renting pumps anymore. A few years ago, I upgraded it with a 45 frame, gas-through stock, adjustable bolt, Maddman springs, and a Hitt Man barrel. Also shown is a J&J ceramic barrel.

2006 Smart Parts Shocker NXT "Elegy" #NS04918
My token electro, bought it as part of my team's sponsorship. It's completely stock except for the clamping feedneck and Freak barrel. It shoots fast, fairly quiet, and with minimal recoil, but it still falls short in the accuracy department.

2005 WGP Prostock Sniper "Famine" #501862
My current project, nearly complete, built this up from parts. It has a CCM Deluxe pump kit, CCM lowers, CCM 86* frame with autotrigger, CCM cocking rod, CP HPR reg, PE OOPS2 ASA, stock bolt, and (soon) a SP Freak barrel.

My modest collection: Customized PMI Trracer,"Le Frelon", Brass Eagle Nightmare LB Comp "Foxtrot November", Customized Sheridan P68SC, Tippmann Pro/Am, PT Extreme, ACI F4 Illustrator, 2k2 WGP Black Magic "Requiem", 2006 SP Shocker NXT "Elegy"

GattoDiavolo's Feedback

Last edited by GattoDiavolo; 04-26-2016 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added serial numbers
GattoDiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
The cake is a lie

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Reserving this space for future additions.

My modest collection: Customized PMI Trracer,"Le Frelon", Brass Eagle Nightmare LB Comp "Foxtrot November", Customized Sheridan P68SC, Tippmann Pro/Am, PT Extreme, ACI F4 Illustrator, 2k2 WGP Black Magic "Requiem", 2006 SP Shocker NXT "Elegy"

GattoDiavolo's Feedback
Old 04-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Solid collection. Really love the custom porting on the Sheridan.
pbyrne233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
The cake is a lie

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
Solid collection. Really love the custom porting on the Sheridan.
Thanks! I'll never part with that Sheridan...I'm lucky enough to have gotten it back from the airsmith!

GattoDiavolo's Feedback
Old 04-26-2016, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice like the pump selection
SHAMEFUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

I've got such a soft spot for the Pro-Am. Many years ago I was starting to get kinda fed up with paintball. I wasn't having much fun. I went out to play with some guys at a sorta renegade field and my brass PMI crapped the bed. This guy had a box of Pro-Ams and Pro-Lites in the back of his truck that he loaned out to people, and I didn't want to go home, so I gave him $10 and he gave me this busted up Pro-Am. I proceeded to go out and absolutely wreck player after player, dudes in ghillie suits with all sorts of milsim garbage. It was unbelievable. I played some of the best woodsball of my life that day and proceeded to give the guy $40 for that Pro-AM. It saved my love of the game.

1927915_542866988285_9638_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

sell the F4?
fastgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
The cake is a lie

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgas View Post
sell the F4?
I couldn't possibly sell it, but there's a good deal on one in the BST section (includes 3 barrels).

GattoDiavolo's Feedback
Old 02-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

That Tippmann is bringing back some good memories for me too!
Predatorsd is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner