mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxg5000 View Post
I always put my AA Vigilante reg onto the gun I am playing with.
Stock HPR give me a +/-30 fps at the chrono when I am building them so they seem pretty bad, also could be because I use stock LPR on most setups too.
I just got a macdev gladiator and lpr off CC so I'll probably end up using those on mine.

As far as the lpr... the plug in the front of the body goes to the solenoid right?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Macdave06; 02-05-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Macdave06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

Are you talking about the plug that requires the 2-prong tool or the small hex plug next to that?

Here is a great thread showing all internal components dismantled for reference.

blowups, and troubleshooting stuff
sxg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you talking about the plug that requires the 2-prong tool or the small hex plug next to that?

Here is a great thread showing all internal components dismantled for reference.

blowups, and troubleshooting stuff
Yeah the little allen screw. I pulled the aoc and just used the piston as a guide with a longer spring. So if I'm thinking correctly I need to tap and plug the vent in the bottom of the body and drill and tap the front plug for an lpr. Then I should be able to pull that allen and install a barb from the lpr.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

The allen screw is where I put my barb and that should go straight to the Solenoid. You will need to close the AOC where cap is and leave a dummy spring to keep valve humming.

I did not seal off any other holes but also have not taken it out to really play with yet either. You might have to seal that small hole if you find a leak.

Are you planning on putting your LPR on the 2-prong plug? Or in the HPR neck? I have seen both done.

Also, when you get to barb territory, if you haven't gotten one let me know. I ordered 30 a while back and used 2 so far. They are special threaded (not cocker) and you can either spend $5 a barb or get a bag of them of 30 for about $20
Old 02-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
The allen screw is where I put my barb and that should go straight to the Solenoid. You will need to close the AOC where cap is and leave a dummy spring to keep valve humming.

I did not seal off any other holes but also have not taken it out to really play with yet either. You might have to seal that small hole if you find a leak.

Are you planning on putting your LPR on the 2-prong plug? Or in the HPR neck? I have seen both done.

Also, when you get to barb territory, if you haven't gotten one let me know. I ordered 30 a while back and used 2 so far. They are special threaded (not cocker) and you can either spend $5 a barb or get a bag of them of 30 for about $20
The lpr will go in the plug. I usually put my hand at the top of the reg, so it wouldn't really work for me in the VA. The reason I was figuring on plugging the vent is that I removed the aoc completely. So all that's left behind the cap is the piston, (just as a spring guide) and the longer valve spring. That way I have a good LPR and a big chamber, without needing a volumizer. Now that I'm thinking about it... The other hole I was mentioning already has a plug. For some reason I was thinking it was open.

Last edited by Macdave06; 02-10-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #26 (permalink)

Not gonna need that barb. That plug was stripped out so I had to drill it out. Just tapped it to 10-32 instead.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Looking good! What did you use to drill/tap your front cap? I have about 4-5 to do but imagine I need access to a drill press.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Looking good! What did you use to drill/tap your front cap? I have about 4-5 to do but imagine I need access to a drill press.
I used my drill press(makeshift mill). It was a pain in the *** to cut the threads without flattening the threads on the back of the cap. Probably would have gone easier with a straight pipe thread rather than npt, just harder to seal up. As you can see it's not quite straight either. Really to do it perfect you need to do it on a lathe. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the coin for that lol.

Last edited by Macdave06; 03-01-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

You selling anything I really want a tribal this was my best friends favorite type of marker when we were kids and after he passed someone stole his gear bag out of his parents garage and now I take his lil brother out to play and think it would be cool if I could get him the same type of matker his older brother used.
Moose495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #30 (permalink)

I can put you in contact with someone who has pieces of a bunch of Tribals. Pretty much anything except the ultra rare guns are available.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner