mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

My (revised) Collection

1998 WGP Minicocker

I bought this last year from someone fairly local, and it was basically a bonestock '98 Cocker - the only upgrades were a 16" All American and a Taso venturi bolt. It's gone through a few incarnations since then - I've put a pump kit on it, switched it back to a semi-auto configuration, then put a hinge and some upgraded pneumatics on it, then swapped back to pump... and then I decided to build something I've always wanted, which was a pneu-Cocker. I bought a SF frame on here, did the necessary work to convert it to pneu-trigger, then decided it needed to be more compact to look better, so I chopped the front off and made it into a Minicocker.

It's got a 2k+ Sledgehammer LPR with extended end cap, ANS Miniram with one Clippard QEV, stock 2k+ 3way, handmade timing rod, Taso venturi bolt, handmade beavertail, handmade front block/VASA setup, stock WGP HPR set to 425psi, standard duckbill ASA, 16" All American, handmade volumizer, and a 2k+ valve with some weird springing. Super quiet with no farting.

1997 Brass Eagle Rainmaker

I got this in a box of Rainmaker parts I bought recently from a member on here. It started out as a bonestock 1997 Rainmaker with the old full-size plastic shroud, 4 AA batteries, bull barrel, and single trigger.

I pulled it apart, cleaned it up, performed the anti-friction mods to the internals including polishing the carrier, added a custom Delrin bolt (from Freedummy), installed new LP hosing, swapped out the shroud, board, and wiring for a '99 SF setup including the shorter shroud and 9V setup, and turned down the valvestem slightly. I was unable to turn the velocity down low enough with the stock HPR so I gutted and capped it, and am running a HP MaxFlo. I also tapped the hole in the foregrip and installed a 1/4"-20 stud and Gadget Grip. I might cut the feedneck and install a Lapco universal clamping feedneck, like my last RM, but I haven't decided yet.

I've got two mechs now that I'm happy with, so this will stay electronic and come out once in awhile when I want to play electro.

Planet Eclipse Emek

I've added the .685 CP barrel and POPS ASA, and I drilled/tapped the trigger for a back-travel limiting setscrew.

I'm happy with it - it does what I wanted it to do, which is to provide me with a reliable, no-fuss mech gun I can count on being able to use when one of my experiments doesn't want to cooperate at the field.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 06-23-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

Nice markers! Henry Ford would approve of the color variety
Old 06-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Nice markers! Henry Ford would approve of the color variety
My wife mocks me for it, but I like black. Although, I do like the way the tan body shell looks on the Etha2... unfortunately it's not offered for the Emek as far as I know.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 06-22-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Legit.

I appreciate that your electro is from 1997. Probably older than some of the people you are playing with.

The pneu-cocker is awesome, as well. The original design still works fine today, but the pneumatic frame is for those who tinker. I love its use on the pre-2k.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

My (revised) Collection

Love the Rainmaker. ‘97 was the year I first played and this was the holy grail for us kids that knew nothing else of paintball but what BE sold in sporting goods stores!
wunderbarsafari is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner