Official Resurrection project photo posting thread
Please post your before and after photos. No more than 3 of each please. Once everyone who has had a chance to complete a project in September has posted we'll run the poll.
Here is my Badger resurrection:
There was a LOT of clean up involved. Luckily the actual mechanics of the marker seem to be pretty darn bulletproof. It fires just fine and always did, so this was a pile of cosmetic work.
The surface was heavily scratched and pitted on the whole marker, so there was power tool work that led to hand work that led to more hand work etc.. I finished the marker with Duracoat in kelly green and black. (I wanted a more emerald green, but kelly green is what came and I didn't have the time for another order.
The wood inserts are razor thin pieces of something I had laying around with a nice grain. They had to be custom fitted to each area of the gun as the sand casting leaves a lot to be desired for consistency.
This gun has all the original parts, even the original o-ring that seals the tube to the frame. It's a shockingly simple and robust design.
here ya go, before:
also posted here: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...tml#post220133
streamline d/f patch, left hand sidetap patch (it was on top of the serial number!), new ammo tube with springfeed and 'one-up' mod to get the last ball, filled in rough ball detent, swapped to original pump handle, and new furniture, carved from poplar with tattoos, pewter chaos symbol, and brass trigger guard (shaped from bluestreak pump tube) with many coats of wax...
You've both done fantastic jobs. Nicely done!
Nice job on the stock and side tap spring feed.
This was a nice eBay snag; $85 shipped for two valveless and thouroughly beaten upon PTP Micromags, valveless Classic Mag, a BooYaa and a bunch of extra PTP vertical adapters and old duckbills. Too bad the guy listed it so poorly:p
Anyway, the first job was to get the spraypaint off the body. It was easy, because the previous owner apparently started the job for me so that he could get a "fade" look... looks like hell, right? Anyway a few hours with a toothbrush and some nailpolish remover took care of it. I polished it down to get rid of all the nasty oxidation, then powdercoated it black. I'm not 100% happy with the final color, though, as I was trying to match my other "Sating Black" PTP MicroMags, and this one came out a bit gray. Then I threw on an old AA barrel, and bought a used RT Pro valve. The valve needed a full rebuild, but that was relatively easy with an AGD kit. Finally, I had the broken BooYaa frame, that with $15 worth of RadioShack parts became a 15bps ball slingin' machine :) I then added an old vertical adapter, and stripped an old "Dead-On" cocker reg to make it a gasthru.
I can tell it isn't the prettiest thing that will be listed, or the most massively re-done, but I think I've done a pretty damn good job and I'm glad that people will get the chance to see it in all its glory :)
I don't think I can wait 'til next year for the other spraypainted Micro :p:
Final KP pictures
The complete blog style build can be read here.
It all started here... Missing pieces and all...
And ended up with this...
Stunningly good work all around gents! We'll wait another day or two for stragglers to post and then we'll have the voting.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC