mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #571 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Bartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I started a thread to go over the adventure I'm on with injection molding. It just so happens that the Dust Devil is the current subject. If you'd like to follow along, please sub to that thread. I was able to get a few hours on the Morgan yesterday and made these:

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/g...ml#post3409052

With my soft molds, this would have taken 20 DAYS to do, not 2 hours. Project time comes in fits and spurts, but yesterday was a very good day.
awesome

Bart
Its always better with a pump, and camo
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post2603541y
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #572 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Any updates?
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #573 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
Any updates?
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/g...ml#post3409052

Just recently posted about not being able to fill the shell molds, potential solutions, and then a final likely solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #574 (permalink)
Pump Fiction#86 BaBa YaGa

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
man i want this hopper so bad ive been watching it forever lol. thanks for the constant updates desertT1 i hope this all works out soon ill be on the list for one asap

CLICK>> Feedback - Wish List - Sale/Trade - Patch Sale
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #575 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Bad news today for the maker world. Techshop closed down. This affects me because I was trying to find a few days where I could get up there for a few days to do some shells. I had already started talking to Morgan Industries to modernize my press to be able to do them. They are working to put together a kit for me to do this. Stay tuned for that info as soon as I know more.

Some good news: The shaft mold had an error with the knob diameter so I had a new one made. That one is done and shipping in from Phoenix so I will be able to make those parts within a few days. That will let me put together the entire internal assembly and test fit it on the existing shells from the parts loader I made for myself from parts that weren’t good enough to use for customer loaders.
Quote:
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #576 (permalink)
Baller

Sad news for the maker community, but I'm glad you keep on truckin! Heres hoping it all goes like together like butter when you try putting it together.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #577 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Copied from my generic injection molding thread. Yesterday was a pretty big step, but not ready to celebrate yet.

I was home with a sick kiddo yesterday. He slept til mid day and was pretty much fine by early afternoon. He made a pretty funny face when I hinted that he was well enough to go to school. Of course I was joking, but you have to have a little fun.

So anyway, what is a parent to do when the ill one is pretty content playing Minecraft Story Mode under a warm blanket? Projects of course. I finished installing the barbs onto the new manifold, hooked up all the hoses and turned on the heaters.

First shot was the same as I had been seeing before the kit was installed. Then I remembered I hadn't adjusted the flow control valve to increase the ram speed. This is what Morgan had told me when I sent them a question about my issue, and what the kit was to solve. *opens the flow valve* Ok, let's try again.

That's a fully filled mold folks. Popped it out and there was a little bit of trimming needed. A center shaft/bearing/drive cone assembly I have for test fits went right in. It all just fits. Same thing with the lid. the hinge pin slides in, and it clicks shut and stays put.

So here's the not so good news. That was the second shot. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th shots (using the other shell mold so I could try to have a full loader put together) did not fully fill. Very similar issue to what used to happen. So now I'm trying to test out what the fix is. There are not very many variables; ram pressure, ram speed, temperature, melt time between shots. I addressed each one of these, without any improvement. But I have a good part, so it's a matter of my finding the issue and then things should be rolling.
Quote:
Old 12-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #578 (permalink)
Baller

Just in time for christmas [emoji14]

Congrats man!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #579 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Looks pretty damn sweet!
Old 12-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #580 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

Awesome! I love keeping tabs on this thread

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions