mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Simple Stick Feed Project

Hey all,
I recently got back into paintball after a two year hiatus. I came back swinging with a Bob Long Vice (fantastic marker) but I found myself bored after only a couple months. Slinging endless ropes of paint had lost its allure so I traded the Vice for an Empire Sniper! Now I play 2-3 times a week for half the cost and twice the fun

Anyways, onto my point here. I couldn't shake the itch for a stick feed so I asked around here and the general consensus was "This is MCB, you're supposed to make your own!" I manage the inventory of a manufacturing company so I had all the tools necessary: a saw that can cut angles, a welder and a belt sander. Simple stuff really. As far as tubing I went with chromoly:

1-1/8" OD .095 Wall for the piece in the feedneck
7/8" OD .035 Wall for the rest of the tube
A phantom feedgate slides right over the 7/8" tubing after a little time on the belt sander.
Cut the pieces at 52.5 degrees to give yourself the 15 degree angle of dangle

And here are the preliminary results:

(Sorry, subpar phone pic)

I still need to either cut slots or drill holes for sighting but that's the easy part. I rattle canned this one but the next will be powder coated, the prototype isn't supposed to be pretty! Plus I have an idea for a funky Z shaped one I want to try next.

Just putting the word out there that I might make a run of these in the next couple weeks if there's any interest. I'll keep you guys posted. If you can't wait then make your own! It's not that hard!

I want to especially thank need4reebs and Walz for their input and help. The people on this forum truly are the best.
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Approved!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
T-T

Looks very clean, nice job. Must be nice knowing you have a stickfeed you could beat a man to death with.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-T View Post
Looks very clean, nice job. Must be nice knowing you have a stickfeed you could beat a man to death with.
Which is why I carry this stick feed around at night if I'm on the shady side of town.

Thanks for the compliments. Just finished tacking up the Z shape and its a bust, the angled cut was too long and the balls jammed. No worries, I'm going to try a somewhat open "L" shape tomorrow evening. This DIY stuff is addicting.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Justin Dover

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I'd like a powdercoated one
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2662355
PBN Feedback 15+
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=591178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozak View Post
What you guys don't know how bad of a gun whore I am yet? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josilk View Post
Ha...im the same, meaning of life is to play with all the toys not own all the toys
Mozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozak View Post
I'd like a powdercoated one
Give me a week or so and I'll be ready to start making a run. As of now, it's a pain to weld as the chromoly is very thin and burns up far too easily. Still figuring out how to do them in an efficient manner.

Tonight I created my favorite one so far. The shape keeps the stick feed out of my face and feeds like a dream. It basically extends to the top of my mask in the firing position. It holds 13 as of now but I may cut it down a bit. Here's the beast:

Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Hells yeah!!! I'm glad you decided to make your own man….wats neck a loop-de-loop like a Krazy straw…haha??
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Uh... What is the thing the green towel is sitting on!?

Nice stick feed btw. Was the last kink to keep it from hitting your mask or to make it easier to feed?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Uh... What is the thing the green towel is sitting on!?

Nice stick feed btw. Was the last kink to keep it from hitting your mask or to make it easier to feed?
That would be a Formula Vee under the green towel. I was born into a racing family and grew up at the racetrack. I however play paintball since it's slightly less expensive!

Yeah, the kink keeps it from hitting my mask and the gives me a nice 15 round capacity. I don't play with it nearly as often as I should, I'll have to slap it on the next time we play together

My Feedback!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
gotlvnvtosgi

I like It!
Quote:
chromoly is very thin and burns up far too easily
If you make some more Tig is the preferred method of weld for chromoly. But I have welded thin stuff with a mig too It takes some practice but if you go slow enough like one bead / tac at a time wait like 2 seconds or so do the next one it goes pretty quick and lets the metal cool a bit so it doesn't burn threw. My neighbor has a formula vee cool lookin little open wheel. I had running a 914 x scca club racer a long time ago hopefully I get it going someday.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions