mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #91 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Ok, Parts just laid together. Looks nice. A few things I need to tidy up. I assembled it last night before spraying again, and it did feel quite tight and nice to use.

And... with my second SP-1 body. What could possibly go wrong with Trying to make an attachment point (at the front) using the mag well as a mould.... I had best not forget it is in there else I'll never get it off LOL. (Update... it didn't go well last night, so roughly formed a block whilst it was still malleable.

Update for SECOND body. It wasn't cured by morning in the garage, so managed to form the shape I needed using the mag well itself. Brought it inside now to warm up and cure fully.

I only have about an hour left that I can work the first body this morning so will try to get the soldering finished.

Last edited by Scougar; 02-09-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #92 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Ok.. so here is the first 90% constructed and running P-1:

Issues:
1) For some reason the Magazine release is catching now. I might need to support the front of the trigger frame a little.
2) Of all the darn things, the airline (ASA to Reg) is leaking like a sieve. Kinda sucks, but it might force me to make the remote line connection inside the body instead. I will need help with the dimensions/thread size for right angled connectors.
3) I have misplaced my rain cover body to barrel ring lol. It's around here somewhere...

Handling... I FREAKING LOVE THIS THING. Seriously. It felt soooooo good. Damn, I can't wait to play again now.

Quick test video running on 12gs. Leaking like hell from the airline joint (Not the thread) Need a new one.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

-----------------

In other news.... Here is the first attempt at the front magazine attachment point for teh second SP-1 body and Dye DAM mag well:

Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #93 (permalink)

I have just read your entire thread and i have to say, epic work man...
milkshakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #94 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Thank you

I can honestly say that all the bits that look rough were because I stopped doing measurements or just wanted to get 'something' done.

I believe that anyone is capable of doing this if they have the patience. My intention all along was to be able to provide an easy guide to making something similar so others could loosely follow it. I'm not really sure I've done that though lol. I'd be happy to provide measurements if needed though to anyone that wants them, or close up pictures of anything.

Mine is just one way of doing it. By far the easiest way is just to rotate the breach 180 degrees and have the board run on top, but you have to cut out the picatinny rail... which isn't that bad as ideally you need a raised sight anyway if using a stock.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
Thank you

I can honestly say that all the bits that look rough were because I stopped doing measurements or just wanted to get 'something' done.

I believe that anyone is capable of doing this if they have the patience. My intention all along was to be able to provide an easy guide to making something similar so others could loosely follow it. I'm not really sure I've done that though lol. I'd be happy to provide measurements if needed though to anyone that wants them, or close up pictures of anything.

Mine is just one way of doing it. By far the easiest way is just to rotate the breach 180 degrees and have the board run on top, but you have to cut out the picatinny rail... which isn't that bad as ideally you need a raised sight anyway if using a stock.
Lol, we have all been there, its a great read if you ask me.
maybe make a condensed version at the end when you know what worked and what didnt...

If I tried this with the guts of one of my SP8s, if probably flip the whole thing, make it a bullpup rifle...
milkshakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #96 (permalink)
Paroxysm

----

Also... just bought some SP-1 body parts (trigger frame/front grip/body etc) for the second SP-1, so will be able to mount the rear of the Dye mag well some time next week. Just need the breach after that and then decide on the direction I want to go with the second marker.... mech or electronic again.

EDIT: I might not work on this for a couple of days because it is fricken cold and I've spent enough nights in below freezing temps.

Last edited by Scougar; 02-10-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #97 (permalink)
Paroxysm

I don't recommend working on aluminium parts in 17F degree weather. Not fun.

However, I made some adjustments and crucially one part that I thought was screwed in fully wasn't (bad thread). That's now sorted plus some other minor tweaks like the rear lower hand grip thread hole (bottom butt stock hole attaches to gun) was filed down a little, and now that all sits flush and level. The magazine release now works great.

I started quickly attaching the rails to the front of the gun, but honestly, I need some proper countersunk bolts for this, I don't have an appropriate size at the moment.

The only thing I need now really to get this testable, is something to hook to the regulator as my air line is broken. Once that is sorted I'll think about moving the reg to the stock.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #98 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Ordered an remote line adaptor and will just remove the ASA part from it to get the nipple (Seems nuts but was one I could find quickly).
Also ordered a 90 degree tippman 98 (npt threading) adaptor that the nipple will screw into. I will then be able to hook remote line straight to the marker. This will be the short term solution until I decide if I am going to put the regulator into the stock or not. It really depends if I find it annoying to use the stock with a mask - even with a raised sight.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #99 (permalink)
Paroxysm

OK... so got air tank filled up. Just wasted 1000 psi on a leak. Shoots fine when dry firing.

I am guessing right now that it's the regulator thread I messed up. I will strip it down a little and check later.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #100 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Oh... my.. Gosh. I cannot stop grinning:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

I 'may', after this video was filmed, put the gas tank in my pocket and moved around the garage taking pot shots at imaginary targets and dry firing. It would all have been for testing purposes of course

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions