mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-26-2019, 10:58 PM   #101 (permalink)

I can make you just about anything electronics wise from scratch except reflective eyes or ribbon eyes.

I can do little arduino boards, pcb design, trigger switches, component replacements on boards, 3mm break beam eyes, or SR flat eyes.

I am also working on mech kits for timmys.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #102 (permalink)
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hyren View Post
I am also working on mech kits for timmys.
Now you've got my attention! Would love to see how you do it. Are you going with off the shelf parts, or are you making custom components? Will permanent modifications to the intimidator be required?

One of the things i like about my mod (shameless self-promotion here) is thats a drop-in mod that doesnt require any new holes or anything to be drilled into the body / frame / etc.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:13 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsGunShow View Post
Now you've got my attention! Would love to see how you do it. Are you going with off the shelf parts, or are you making custom components? Will permanent modifications to the intimidator be required?

One of the things i like about my mod (shameless self-promotion here) is thats a drop-in mod that doesnt require any new holes or anything to be drilled into the body / frame / etc.
No mods as long as it is a barbed body like pimps, timmys, or promasters. I have a guy making me an adapter for shocker sfts, nxts, or nerves that screws onto the manifold in place of the solenoid that adds #6-40 threaded cocker ram barbs.

You adjust dwell with a 1 way flow control. Uses a fabco msv-2 and the rest is off shelf clippard or hoses.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:04 PM   #104 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsGunShow View Post
Hi everyone!

Last night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about all my favourite electronic markers as I realized that eventually they're just going to be expensive paperweights. I dont mean through misuse or neglect, just that in 20 years, maybe less, the electrical components themselves will fail due to age. Capacitors will blow, corrosive materials will leak, solenoids will burn out... Ugh.

I suppose it's theoretically possible to continually search for new, compatible components to slap on, and get a computer technician to repair things as they break, re-solder connections, replace components and (God forbid) reprogram boards if the memory gets lost or damaged - but really - this wont be practical. In reality, all my (our) electros will eventually die no matter how well we care for them.

The Karnivor, I can mech. Thats not a problem. Its upsetting that it'll eventually die as an electropneumatic domination machine, but im pretty confident that I can make a bad *** mech karni that gives electros a run for their money any day - even in the future. So Im ok with that.

The invert mini I dont care about. Its basically a paperweight right now anyway lol.

But what really irks me is that my beloved bob long intimidators will eventually just be non-functional eye candy. They'll b one of those dinosaurs hung in my own personal paintball museum that only live through videos and pictures and stories from geezers like me talking about how back in my day blah blah blah.

Then I realized that Bob Long Timmys function on a platform that a lot of other markers use too.. Ego's, angels and macdev's just to name a few. Also, the operation is fairly simple.. Air goes to the back of the ram sleeve, *blap*, air goes to the front of the ram sleeve.

Has anyone given any thought to mechanizing a bob long intimidator/angel/ego/macdev style marker? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it seems like one of those things that's totally attainable if the right people become involved. It also seems like once someone cracks how to make a mechanical switch that controls air flow, all we'll need is a way to hook it up to the various way these markers distribute air to the ram (ie: hosing/milled channels) which (I assume) is totally doable.

Or maybe Im just being a naive optimist... Anyone?

And here's some pics of my gats to get ppl looking at the thread

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4e8ac03b65.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e3d8793672.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...83e5726e1a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

just buy as many replacement boards ane parts so you can repair them till the end of time

That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 PM   #105 (permalink)
Baller

Well thats no fun!

I have a couple intimidators i keep going, but my mechtimidator is one of a kind
Old 06-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #106 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The only potential issue to repair older pcba is if the microchip is not available anymore.
Similarly, it is the pre-programed microchip causing a problem to repair newer pcba.
I repair pcba as part of my job ... I can salvage 20+ year old boards, upgrading components as needed, but sometimes I get stuck with incorporated circuits.

Do we have wiring diagrams for any of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
ATS Screw Kit
Splatmaster Figure 8 Replacement
My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #107 (permalink)
Baller

UPDATE: i finally got a chance to take the mechtimidator out to a field!

I underbored really tight with a .680 (paint was probably best suited to a .682), and dialed it in at just under the field limit of 280 fps. It was consistently shooting +/- 5 fps, centered at about 272.

Yes, there is a certain amount of manual dwell control needed through the trigger, but the marker itself does a surprising amount of the work. I balanced the LPR and HPR so that the LPR opened the valve entirely and quickly (about 100psi), but the HPR would start to close it before your finger came off the trigger. The idea being that quick trigger pulls would give you a consistent shot.

It totally worked.

I was getting about 500 shots from a 68ci filled to just under 3k PSI (****ty fills that day).

It was accurate at range, and able to fire up to about 12 to 14 bps reliably. I think my fingers were more of a problem than the mechanics - its hard to pull the trigger in a consistent manner when you're going for speed rather than smoothness - especially under pressure! It feels very similar to shooting an autococker, except that long-stroking is the issue you need to worry about, rather than short-stroking.

By the end of the day, I had shot a lot of people out. I have video, but it will take me a while to get my computer up and running (currently in the middle of a move). I will post the video(s) when i can.

So stoked that thing actually works!
Old 10-30-2019, 12:29 AM   #108 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Stoked for you! You're living the dream, man! Living the dream!
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #109 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Nice!

Gives me hope for the mech Spimmy that I am slowly piecing together.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #110 (permalink)
Baller

I'm in the middle of a move, so i may not be able to put together a nicely edited video any time soon, but heres a short shooting video of the mechtimidator from a portion of the final battle last weekend:

https://youtu.be/Yrlxu6RdzyQ

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions