mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Ionized AngelMaker

Thanks to Axel for the name suggestion.

Pretty much done this project... as mentioned in a thread in this section, I've managed to achieve a "holy grail" accomplishment, namely - fitting a 9V and board inside a frame on a Rainmaker.

Mods include the altered Ion board and Angel frame with adapters, anti-friction mods to the carrier and hammer, and a Maddman Rocket valve.

The only other thing I'd like to add is a bottomline Maxflo, which is coming, in order to gut an extra reg body so I can have extra space behind the valve.

Edit: Swapped just about everything around on this project - updated picture uploaded.

Mad Marty modded carrier, home modified hammer, stock valve, stock springing

Rainman volumizer backblock

Modified Ion board in KAPP Angel LCD single trigger frame, handmade trigger with shoe

Custom purple finger groove grips

Frame adapter

WGP bullet LPR

Lapco universal clamping feedneck mounted to cut down stock feedneck

Mag VASA with PPS Stab

And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

Last edited by Jordan; 09-29-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MVP its not brain science

CCM Fan
Super cool. I dig it.

My MCarterBrown Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace
Like any thread on MCB ever stays on one topic. Just pick something random and join in.
grimcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice! It finished out well!

That bolt cover makes me wonder; does it have any kind of load on it? Maybe some blow by gas? I'm thinking you could print one of any design you wanted. I just can't remember if it did anything other than "cover" the bolt.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Nice! It finished out well!

That bolt cover makes me wonder; does it have any kind of load on it? Maybe some blow by gas? I'm thinking you could print one of any design you wanted. I just can't remember if it did anything other than "cover" the bolt.
I think the only load would be as a wear surface... the bolt does ride on the inside of the cover, but there's no real force on it, it basically keeps the bolt in place to stay on the bolt link.

I wish I had all the matching anno parts. There is a picture of it over on the RMOG of it as completely matching, but over the years it seems the cover has been lost.

I have an extra pair of receivers that I could swap all the parts over onto, which would just leave me with the LPR housing being a different color from black, but then the grips I made would be pointlessly purple. The mismatch is growing on me.

The only other change happening, besides the Max-flo setup going on, will be the gutted reg - I don't have the heart to destroy a matching anno reg, so I've gutted and drilled out a stock reg body and sealed it up so it's ready to go. If I ever change my mind on the reg setup, I can always drop the stocker back on.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone... I enjoyed this project. I learned a lot about electronics and soldering on this one - maybe I won't be as leery of newer electronic stuff in the future.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback

Last edited by Jordan; 08-25-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

My Max-Flo came in the mail today - once I had resealed it and installed it onto an on-off ASA, and plumbed it to the backblock, I was in business. No leaks, my gutted and sealed reg block holds pressure great.

Turns out Rainman's info on the Rocket valve was fairly accurate, I'm at roughly 250 psi and approximately 270 FPS. I need a better chronograph than my little handheld chrony to confirm.

At some point I'll update the picture, maybe even add a shooting video if I can muster up the drive to do so.

Addendum - I tweaked the dwell a little today... dropped it about 10ms from my original setting, so I think it's at around the 40ms mark. Any lower and it was having a difficult time latching the carrier. I might get away with lower by adding an adjustable LPR, but I'm not really looking for crazy BPS out of this thing, just reliable shooting and no 9v hanging off the bottomline.

I also modified a blowback Piranha bolt to fit, I'm trying to see how low of an OP I can get to and I wanted a higher flowing bolt to add to the mix. If it makes a difference, I'll find somebody on here to make me a proper delrin or aluminum bolt with better flow.

My Feedback

Last edited by Jordan; 08-26-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Swapped a few things around, I think it's in the final configuration at this point.

My Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions