mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Just an uncommon spyder or two

Something you might not see every day, or maybe ever again. There are people out there with FAR more knowledge than me on the SBM, so I'm still trying to dig up info. Cougar is searching for more info for me, but anyone else who cares to chime in can feel free to do so. I'm going to attempt to build a super spyder out of the SBM, and the fun part is that it all starts with an Alamo City slim striker

Enjoy

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

CCM Fan
Awesome

Need money? I buy Eclipse splash stuff..
cave_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yup I was very involved with the SBM project. I am still looking for info. I did the design work for those in 2002/2003. They were the second paintball part I designed. They were very expensive at the time. I believe right around $300. And only 6 were made. They were machined by Jackel Machine.

SBM stands for the person that made it all possible. SuPrBuGmAn.

This is the only other one I've seen in a long time. Mines still raw and in a box somewhere.
I only know of one being finished. It was red and black and turned into a spimmy. Been trying to track it down for years with no luck.

The SBM was based off the milling for his Custom Aka Vlm Spyder named Envy. I now own that. The SBM was to be a updated version accepting the newer parts at the time.
From memory.
Cocker va 2k +
Angel feed threaded
Slim striker
Spyder lpc
Cocker detents I believe.
Cant for the life of me remember what the barrel thread is. Likely spyder.

This is the Aka Vlm "Envy" this is what the SBMs are based on.

Yes after all these years Envy has not been finished.

I should just dig all my spyder out to see them again. Been years.

Last edited by cougar20th; 03-03-2018 at 06:09 AM.
cougar20th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Found this. One is missing from the picture.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
This one is cocker threaded, with cocker detects and an angel feedneck for sure.

The front isnít threaded on the end or tapped underneath for a spyder LPC unfortunately, so Iím trying to figure out what to do there. Itís the same size as the lpc but without a way to attach it.

This one has a small blem in the milling on the front corner, and from what I can gather it may have been the first one he ran with the programming. He said the mill was set incorrectly for a moment and thatís what caused the blem.

I have no other info on the second spyder, but the milling is actually really nice on it too. I have NO clue about the gigantic hole in the passenger side though, I am completely perplexed on why it is there or what function it might serve.

So could this one potentially be the 6th that is missing from that pic?

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
This one is cocker threaded, with cocker detects and an angel feedneck for sure.

The front isnít threaded on the end or tapped underneath for a spyder LPC unfortunately, so Iím trying to figure out what to do there. Itís the same size as the lpc but without a way to attach it.

This one has a small blem in the milling on the front corner, and from what I can gather it may have been the first one he ran with the programming. He said the mill was set incorrectly for a moment and thatís what caused the blem.

I have no other info on the second spyder, but the milling is actually really nice on it too. I have NO clue about the gigantic hole in the passenger side though, I am completely perplexed on why it is there or what function it might serve.

So could this one potentially be the 6th that is missing from that pic?
With it being unfinished it is unlikely it is the one missing. More likely a 7th that was never delivered to suprbugman.

On the other body that hole will likely rendering it useless as it would vent the blowback air before it could move the striker. Im guessing it was drilled becuase it wasa sample and someone didn't want it functional in the future.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
I wasn't sure why it's was drilled into on the second body, but that makes sense. My thought on fixing it was going to be to drill through the whole thing and then sleeve the tube to pressurize it again. It was included in the deal for the SBM body so I'm not too worried if it just ends up being a wall hanger piece.

Interesting details on the SBM body there though. It appears to be completely finished otherwise, unless the LPC opening was supposed to be threaded. If that is the case, then it looks like I will be looking for someone to do some thread tapping for me. Easy fix!

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Old 03-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I wasn't sure why it's was drilled into on the second body, but that makes sense. My thought on fixing it was going to be to drill through the whole thing and then sleeve the tube to pressurize it again. It was included in the deal for the SBM body so I'm not too worried if it just ends up being a wall hanger piece.

Interesting details on the SBM body there though. It appears to be completely finished otherwise, unless the LPC opening was supposed to be threaded. If that is the case, then it looks like I will be looking for someone to do some thread tapping for me. Easy fix!

Yea it is supposed to be threaded. Im guessing the future used the lower tube to hold on so the thread would have been the last step. Once the body was scrapped there was no use to finish it
Old 03-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cyborg

Quote:

If only you had a brother that worked as a sales rep for a tool company or something.....oh wait. You do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder

I had to report your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
There's a joke there somewhere...
Because that is funny on several levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
that's not fair. if they are not smart enough, or have no knowledge of the ramifications of their stupidity, then they should pay the price.
super-cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Here are some pictures of mine.

Note the quick strip pin hole has been added to the back of the body. This is something that Suprbugman did to all the bodies prior to shipping them to people.

Yours has a FBM feedneck in it. These did not come with a feedneck. My feedneck is a one off done by Tarantula customs way back when.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions