mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Id wait to get the Relay to see if its compatible with the UL frame if youre set on doing as gas thru,the airline space needed may interfere with the placement of the board
If you plan to use the TM7 bracket for mounting I believe its too wide to mount on a UL frame.I was going to attempt a gas thru on a few different models of PMR and the gripframes were to narrow to do it succesfully
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Also a stock 07 PMR board MAY run a MAC noid, though I never cycled air thru it this way it definately clicks
Old 07-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Respiegel, that’s excellent! That makes sense, the diagram and explanation were spot on. Appreciate the time you spent on helping me out. I actually ordered the capacitors (3) from amazon for $1.25 a piece. I just looked at my order and realized I accidentally got the 10v rated ones though, hopefully it’ll be okay. I have a stock and virtue ion board and one is running 10v and one is 16v both with the same capacity. It should be here shortly and I’ll give it a run. How bad will battery life be with running a capacitor right off the battery?

Punisher, well hell you gotta be kidding me. I was planning on ordering the relay when I got the electronics working, hopefully today. I have mocked up the hoses and Mac 33 while allowing for the tm7 bracket space and it seemed like I could get it to work. I was a bit worried about it being too narrow to fit the adapter though, I could not find a measurement on it. So you’ve already tried to do the adapter and ul frame and it didn’t work? I might have to get back to the drawing board on it then. I’d really like to use an axe pro asa given the smaller overall size. I’m not married to doing a gas through grip but it seemed like a cool idea that hasn’t been done that I know of. Kind of modernizes and streamlined the build even more. That and I didn’t want to have to mess with trying to make a front asa to run a traditional macro line and vert reg setup. But I’m glad you brought that up to me before I proceeded with the plan.
p-baller100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Update: using the capacitor in parallel to the battery did the trick perfectly! I’ve went ahead and ordered a ul slg board. For the fact that I can use a wired molex connection for my capacitor, it was a lot cheaper and easier to find than a dm aftermarket board, and it saves me a bit of room at the top because it is designed to allow space for the slg clapper solenoid. Also the dip switch has been moved from above the buttons to the top of the board allowing for space to either mount my solenoid sideways there for internal hoses or a capacitor should I end up having to run a standard vertical regulator setup.

If anyone has further advice, ideas, or constructive criticism that’d be great. If anyone has the dimensions for the tm7 adapter on the relay that’d be a great help. That’s probably the next hurdle, getting the relay regulator fitted. Followed by the making of a foregrip that will hold a 9v. If not then it’s another challenge entirely to try and modify the frame/vasa for a standard bottom line setup.

Credit to Respiegel for the wiring diagram, thanks again!
p-baller100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-baller100 View Post
Update: using the capacitor in parallel to the battery did the trick perfectly! Iíve went ahead and ordered a ul slg board. For the fact that I can use a wired molex connection for my capacitor, it was a lot cheaper and easier to find than a dm aftermarket board, and it saves me a bit of room at the top because it is designed to allow space for the slg clapper solenoid. Also the dip switch has been moved from above the buttons to the top of the board allowing for space to either mount my solenoid sideways there for internal hoses or a capacitor should I end up having to run a standard vertical regulator setup.

If anyone has further advice, ideas, or constructive criticism thatíd be great. If anyone has the dimensions for the tm7 adapter on the relay thatíd be a great help. Thatís probably the next hurdle, getting the relay regulator fitted. Followed by the making of a foregrip that will hold a 9v. If not then itís another challenge entirely to try and modify the frame/vasa for a standard bottom line setup.

Credit to Respiegel for the wiring diagram, thanks again!
Glad we got the electrical part working, can't help you on the mechanical part, not that kind of engineer!
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Heres the dimesions on the TM7 adapter,keep in mind this is the original Axe/TM7 Relay,the new Axe Pro model may be different
.535 W x1.48 Lx .645 D
It has a 1/8" npt threaded output
Heres my post on how I did my 1st Ion to give you an idea
You may be able to use a milled dovetail on the frame to get around using the TM7 adapter but youd have to find a way to get an air transfer tube or fitting for the output

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions