mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have to say this thing is turning out pretty sharp!!!! Keep this thread alive I wanna see the end result!
Zdlobik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdlobik21 View Post
I have to say this thing is turning out pretty sharp!!!! Keep this thread alive I wanna see the end result!
Thank you, and that's the plan as of now lol. I haven't been thrown any curveballs yet as far as life goes, so as long as it holds out it should be getting completed.

Update 8/16/18

I decided to take a quick break from the frame in order to sculpt the front of the body to the pump front block. I roughed it with a pretty aggressive file and got it close to finish with some machinist files. Obviously I have a little more refining to do, but this is pretty much the finished profile on the front.

Currently still looking for pieces so I can get to some of the other stuff. I'd rather find parts used, they're going to get anodized anyway so I don't need anything new. Some of those updates will take a bit, if I end up not being able to find stuff used I'll just bite the bullet and buy it new. These include the reg/asa/vert asa adapter/feedneck. I still have an hour or so in finishing the front of the frame, as well as a bunch of time in making a mechanical sear work in the ul frame where its at. That is probably my largest technical issue so far, the way the trigger actuates, as compared to the location the sear needs to be in, so its going to take some engineering.
shortman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Update 8/16/18 Part 2

Rounded out and refined all the edges on the back of the frame. Evened out the cutouts and made it more or less symmetrical. It looks a little off in the pic from the bottom but I think its just camera angle/lighting. All thats left with the rear of the marker is to partially round the body itself to meet the frame contours.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

Has your front end sculpting changed the fit between the body and the asa?

Last edited by spymongoose; Yesterday at 08:36 PM. Reason: I can spell
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
Has your front end sculpting changed the fit between the body and the asa?
I have removed just a little bit of material in that lower area, but not enough to where I believe it will have any ill effects. If I do end up having an issue I can always weld just a bit of material to under that area (on the radius) to shape it to stock again.

EDIT: Just threw the asa on and there is only a slight amount of material removed from the frontal area, the mid-rear of the asa mating surface is untouched. I don't see any issues arising from this at all. Most of what you see is just the anno removed, not actual material

Last edited by shortman1; Yesterday at 08:49 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions