mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-10-2018, 03:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Custom Stock Advice

So I'd like to make a custom stock for my dad's Pro-carbine for Christmas. I was considering making it in the style of a Dragunov rifle attaching it to the grip frame at the back of the grip at that the bottom, so to get around the unique nature of the Pro-carbine's but cap.

I was considering 3D printing (i have access to a printer than can do PLA prints) or carving it out of real wood for the old school look that suits his marksman style of play.

Thanks in advance for any advice

PS - anyone know where i could get a picatinny rail to upgrade the stock dovetail while still keeping the link bar in place? (if it would require metal work my father is a metal worker by trade)
firemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Intermidiate

You could try tracking down an airsoft svd for cheap (broken) and just using the stock, or you could try just tracking down a stock. Take off the grips on the procarb, and drill .45 hole spacing in the grip of the stock. Then just cut the rest of rear of the stock to fit the end cap of the procarb. There was a guy called thehiddenhedgehog on YouTube who did the same thing with a bt4.
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions