mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 12-22-2018, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Want a single trigger bushy? I did too!

Step one- submit lowball offer for em1 frame
Step two- pay said offer
Step three- receive em1 frame
Step four- get your hacksaw on
Step five- admire your work

But seriously... I chopped off a big chunk, trimmed the front down, drilled 4 holes and bolted her on. Should have used the old tray to mark my holes, but I really wanted to see how it would look. Ended up having to slot the holes front to back.

I'm thinking ill chop the top off flush so there's just the flange around the edge and build a tray. I can't trim enough off to eliminate the open areas and still have room for a manifold.457289484.jpeg1221182340.jpegFB_IMG_1545468928855.jpegFB_IMG_1545468937057.jpeg
Macdave06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to ECAPNation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Wait... The hole pattern lined up?

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
ECAPnation's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
ECAPNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I wish. When I cut the top off, the original mounting points went with it. The holes I drilled are inboard of either end.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ive been holding onto an em1 frame to do just this for years but never got around to it. Love the idea and your work looks good.
Super Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

You should do it. Have you tried to fit everything in the frame?

Ever since I saw someone's (shifty?) stock frame cut down to a single trigger I wanted to do one. I originally wanted to do an angel single frame, but the finger grooves were calling to me.

I got another jolt of inspiration from the icdo facebook page when someone posted a mech conversion with a cocker 3-way. This is headed in that direction, but I think I'm going to try a smav-3 to pavo-3 combo.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had a whole collection of single trigger electros at one point. Some in various levels of completion but I had angel leds, lcds, a Timmy, an Excalibur’s, impulse, shocker, em1, a cocker race frame, and dm3. Never had a tribal but I had a thing for single trigger electros and doing a conversion on a bushy was at the top of my list.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm with you there. I have a thing for single triggers in general. I even cut the trigger and made a guard for one of my spyder flashes lol. Something about it just says 'I like to aim for what I'm shooting at'. Of course everyone wanted a single trigger when they started nxl full auto too, because they could just hold the trigger down.

I have a second matrix I've wanted to put a single frame on, but the price of single frames for them is just more than I'm willing to spend.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yea I've seen what people are asking for their single trigger frames and they just aren't worth that in my mind. I have a rotor breech for a dm3 and id love to find a gen-e trix so I could single trigger it and make it right feed but this time of year cash is tight so im just sitting on it til I find the right trix.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

About to attempt my first manifold. Wish me luck1545518287172.jpeg1545518303687.jpeg

Edit: don't do it that way. The ports don't line up from the manifold to the body lol

Last edited by Macdave06; 12-22-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nova View Post
Yea I've seen what people are asking for their single trigger frames and they just aren't worth that in my mind. I have a rotor breech for a dm3 and id love to find a gen-e trix so I could single trigger it and make it right feed but this time of year cash is tight so im just sitting on it til I find the right trix.
There's an image up for sale right now and I'm trying to resist.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions