mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-30-2019, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sonix 90 to sniper frame project

So I've done a couple of mag CF frame conversions to use on cocker pumps. Super light and simple. Thought I might try something different, so I picked up a spyder sonix with a 90 frame and went to town. Chopped the front off the frame, cut the trigger down and mocked up a guard so far. I like the shape of the guard, but it's a scrap cutoff and it's too thin to clean up. Not sure yet if I'm gonna stick with a modified stock trigger or just make another one. 20190529_180423.jpg20190529_205929.jpg
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

wait...the sears are compatible?! or will you be using the spyder stryker?... im so confuzzled, lol
Frmespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

At the moment there's no sear in it. I'll be drilling a new hole for a cocker sear. The spyder sears are slotted on the pin and sharp at the back edge, so not really ideal. I may end up moving the frame back (to the beavertail hole) like I did on my last build, so the sear would probably need to be moved anyways. I'm thinking I might use that other spyder balance valve (with one of the pins you made) in this one. I'm thinking I might have to cut some weight off the hammer, but I should be able to run really light springs.

Last edited by Macdave06; 05-31-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cool idea, balance valve would be sexy. Not sure how'd you plug the valve to stop blow back though.

Ive got an extra balance valve if you want one. You'll need the striker though. Just pm me.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
Cool idea, balance valve would be sexy. Not sure how'd you plug the valve to stop blow back though.

Ive got an extra balance valve if you want one. You'll need the striker though. Just pm me.
I have a few of them. A while back Frmspec made me a couple valve pins without the notch in them so I could test it out. I have one in another of these O3M bodies set up as a semi. Still need to get a couple little things to get it going so I can tune it.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Sounds kinda like your building an omen from scratch

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

No blowback. I have a replacement valve pin that was machined without the blowback notch. It'll just be a cocker pump.

I think I may end up JB welding the trigger guard in instead of using screws like I have it now. I'm going to have to fill several holes anyways so I might as well. That way I can shape it where it looks more like 1 piece.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Which part of the Balance valve are you plugging, if still looking at that? There are a few spots on the valve which work for the blow back operation. If you fully plug the pin then I don't think the valve will fill with air correctly, making it not unbalanced. It's still a good valve either way.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

The only thing different on the valve is the pin. The portion the sticks out the back side is round rather than having a flat machined in to allow blowback gases out. Otherwise it's identical to the factory pin.
More than likely on this and the other one I'll end up lightening the hammer, or at least really lightening the spring.

Last edited by Macdave06; 06-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions