mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Custom pump arm for Line SI Bushmaster?

Anyone ever seen or made one? I'm trying to figure out how best to make an under-barrel pump arm for my Bushmaster. Pictures or ideas would help a lot!
shaaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Like the BOSS? That was a nelson-style pump with side bolt mounts, but an under-barrel pump.

Looking at it, it actually appears to be using a Line SI frame. However, its not obvious what is keeping the pump from swinging up and down?

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nick is right, the Boss does use a Line SI frame with a guide rod sticking out to align the pump.
-Dan
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's a new one to me. Thanks, but have you ever seen anything homemade? Either from pipe or maybe even wood?
shaaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaban View Post
That's a new one to me. Thanks, but have you ever seen anything homemade? Either from pipe or maybe even wood?
I'm not sure I've ever seen a homemade one. Its a fair amount of work when you could just start with a under-cocker as a base (ie phantom, sl68, USI, etc).

Though honestly, I never liked the Sniper-3 that I owned. Under-barrel pumps feel more natural to me, so you would think it would be more common.

Dan, so there is just a simple rod drilled/pressed into the LineSI frame?
In that case, a simple autococker pump kit might be all you need to convert a Nelson over to under-pumping.

Ie find some way to attach the cocker guide rod to the trigger frame. Attach the pump, then pick up some cheap metal rods from the hardware store to connect?

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions