mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I have a friend who owns a G4. He enjoys the marker. I've played with it, and been shot with it, many times.

Feels frea in the hands. Great trigger, good feed neck, great reg, great ASA, good board, and it's really light too.

Quality control is an issue. We've had tons of g3's come in as well as g4's. If you actually know how to trouble shoot a marker, in the event that you DO end up with a dud gun, you shouldn't have issues. They are simple guns to work on.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Anon View Post
Thanks for this info, I appreciate the clarification. Can I ask what the eyeliner mod is?

~Z
the eyeliner mod is just what I call it. basically it's just putting the ends of the macroline in an eyeliner pencil sharpener to bevel the ends to allow for a better press fit into the macro fittings, most macroline leaks happen when the line doesn't seat completely in the fitting. the bevelled edge allows it to get in and extra 1/8" or so to prevent that.
My wife came out of the closet as a furry to me, so I Divorced her, what would you do?

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hoka Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainBane View Post
the eyeliner mod is just what I call it. basically it's just putting the ends of the macroline in an eyeliner pencil sharpener to bevel the ends to allow for a better press fit into the macro fittings, most macroline leaks happen when the line doesn't seat completely in the fitting. the bevelled edge allows it to get in and extra 1/8" or so to prevent that.
Cool, simple and effective. That's been one of my big pet peeves, and actually I've tried to avoid macro as much as possible because, in my experience, I kept having leaks. I'll start doing this instead of avoiding the stuff. Thanks again for the tip!

~Z

Feedback
Zero Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Train Wreck

I hate this gun. It took me 6 months to get it to actually work correctly. I had to send it to DP twice and it wasnt a very good choice. Plus DP has really bad customer service
Kyle651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cloud Cuckoolander

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
I sell tons of these at work great guns stock macro fittings and lube are a weakness. Hater Marmalade is the best lube I've found. The most common problem I see is operator error i.e. not lubing and not cleaning the bore o-rings.

The Llama Cavalry Has Arrived!!!
I'm a PC, and LINUX was my idea!
Timmycuddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Vyo
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
just picked a new one up a few weeks ago. all the bolt stick rumors sort of concerned me but that was minor since the fix was just change the lube. I didn't have that problem at all.

for the price.. they are great guns.

My MCB Feedback
Vyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyo View Post
just picked a new one up a few weeks ago. all the bolt stick rumors sort of concerned me but that was minor since the fix was just change the lube. I didn't have that problem at all.

for the price.. they are great guns.
I agree. They are great guns!If your reading this thread because you cant decide, Stop ****ing around and buy one already.
jimbo69ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

I friend of mine bought one of these markers and had bolt stick right out of the box. He just cleaned all of the factory lube off of the bolt and reapplied baby oil to the bolt. Shot great. Then he bought the Techt Bolt for it and it started having bolt stick again. All he had to do was lower the dwell and it shot great.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Clean all the lube off the bolt and put a light coat of gun salv on it or some of the other better lubes that are out there. It was suggested on other forums not to use baby oil what so ever on it.

As for the tech t bolt. Yes you would have to adjust the dwell some. When I had my g4, it was a great marker. It was fun but I was more interested in playing pistols. So then I traded it off for a mask and a tpx for my bf since he got me a hello kitty t8.
wicKed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

My wife has a G4. Got it new. Took it out of box, re-lube the bolt with some TechT oil, Attach Halo and air...35 bps no problem. Had put about 4 cases through it with no a stick or leak what so ever. My kids love it.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power