mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

New DP G4 owner

So I bought a G4 on a whim to try instead of my spoolie's and I'm really liking it so far. I know they were hit or miss but so far it's been stellar. A little leak when I first air it up, thinking of using dow55 on it instead of Sl33k.

I'm thinking of picking up another one, or getting the TFGPB engine on it. Anyone else running this engine or the techt engine?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I would suggest staying away from using Dow 55 on it. If the o-rings swell up too much, you may run into bolt stick issues and/or having to crank up the operating pressure to overcome the tighter "grip" of the swollen o-rings.

Best bet is to identify exactly where the leak is coming from and replace o-ring(s) as necessary.

I've had several G4s over the years and still have a G3 Spec-R (same as G4 internally). Great shooters for the price. Any of the bolt engines work fine with them (stock, TechT, TFG, DP's Turbine).
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
I have been a big fan of the DP dump valve guns. Avoid Dow55 unless you want to nuke your solenoid. They tend to push lube through the air channels with how close the noid is mounted to the chamber and you don't want those rings swelling. I have had the best luck with the latest techt engine and it legitimately does lower the operation pressure. I have heard very good things about the TFGP engine and have no doubts you would be happy with either one.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Interesting, thank you both for recommending staying away from the 55.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Funny thing for me was that the last G4 I messed with wouldn't stop leaking unless I used Dow55 on the o-rings. Noted the entire damn marker needed a rebuild down to the noid and I had it completely disassembled (screws and all) to get it clean.

I did a combo of 55 and 33, 55 specifically on the o-rings that didn't move and 33 elsewhere. I think it was a tolerance issue and the o-rings on the one I was rebuilding needed to swell up a bit to seal up right.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

We have a couple G3s, one with the Tech T bolt engine and another with just the bolt. Replaced the junky reg with a CP on the one with the full engine and it's been amazing. The one with just the bolt is just a tad louder and less smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I still have my G3 as a backup gun. A great gun for the money IMO. Only issue I have with it is the little bit of corrosion on the trigger preventing the optical trigger sensor from working.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I ordered a TFGPB bolt engine and cannot get the FPS below 300. Don't really want to replace the regulator but will if I have to. Emailed Yoda. Anyone else had this issue?

Old 09-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
I ordered a TFGPB bolt engine and cannot get the FPS below 300. Don't really want to replace the regulator but will if I have to. Emailed Yoda. Anyone else had this issue?

Have you disassembled the regulator yet? On the G4, there is a ball bearing that can sometimes get wedged and/or stuck and not allow the reg seat to adjust normally.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Have you disassembled the regulator yet? On the G4, there is a ball bearing that can sometimes get wedged and/or stuck and not allow the reg seat to adjust normally.
Yup, took apart and cleaned. Yoda with TFGPB said they've had a couple people mention the same thing. Just going to wait and see what they figure out.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power