mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #1311 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

The rear grip screw is longer than the front on my Tac8. I replaced mine with stainless ones from a hardware store.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #1312 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMor View Post
The rear grip screw is longer than the front on my Tac8. I replaced mine with stainless ones from a hardware store.
ok thanks. I don't think that I will get one from the hardware store(atleast not permanatly) I want it to look nice so probably tomarrow I will call TA and ask for a new one.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #1313 (permalink)
Post Whore

someone who got a tiberius reburbished model wants to send it my way i will be more then happy to do a side by side comparission of the difference down to .0005 of an inch.
i'm a machinist. i can messure all the difference between the guns to a tee! and get back with the results. i have 3 t8's and a t9 at my dispossal to meaure from.
the only thing i do not have the equipment for is the spring measurements.

hmmm i think my t8R needs some spare parts that need ordering again
Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #1314 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
...side by side comparission...
You read my mind. I'd be more interested in a comparison between a T8-R and an SA-8. Call it intellectual curiosity.

It would be no great trick to make a pull gauge for the springs using a hanging digital scale.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #1315 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
You read my mind. I'd be more interested in a comparison between a T8-R and an SA-8. Call it intellectual curiosity.

It would be no great trick to make a pull gauge for the springs using a hanging digital scale.
Ditto, Python?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #1316 (permalink)

(not mine) someone's on a5og

ps. he is using a sa-8 barrel
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #1317 (permalink)

BTW about the T8.1 relief valve, here is a post from the Tiberius forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by side-effects
The pressrue relief valve is in the pressure regulator. It is supposed to be factory set and needs no adjustment. That being said you use a smaller allan key and adjust it through the velocity adjuster. The same as (dare I say it, it hurts me more than you) the tpx. Only it doesnt barf c02 out of it everytime it encounters it.
Source
Old 03-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #1318 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'd still like to see a comparison between the two "different" valve's compositions.

Also, so i tried to chrono my SA 8 today, and the lowest i could get a reading on the chrono was 319, after that, i backed out the (what i'm assuming is the) velocity screw, and it would not fire. Then it made a very strange burping noise 5 seconds after i pulled the trigger. I tried reinserting the clip after pushing the screw back in a few turns, but still nothing. I've seen where most ppl are saying they had no trouble getting theirs to ~270, but i'm not seeing that happening with mine. Any help please?

I seriously don't think that the re-fire issue was end of 12 gram related as i had only fired MAYBE 6 shots total.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #1319 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
I'd still like to see a comparison between the two "different" valve's compositions.

Also, so i tried to chrono my SA 8 today, and the lowest i could get a reading on the chrono was 319, after that, i backed out the (what i'm assuming is the) velocity screw, and it would not fire. Then it made a very strange burping noise 5 seconds after i pulled the trigger. I tried reinserting the clip after pushing the screw back in a few turns, but still nothing. I've seen where most ppl are saying they had no trouble getting theirs to ~270, but i'm not seeing that happening with mine. Any help please?

I seriously don't think that the re-fire issue was end of 12 gram related as i had only fired MAYBE 6 shots total.
Here let me find that for you...

Search is your friend.

As far as your chrono issue I can't say. It appears mine was set at around 300 from the factory. I got 260's - 290's with one spike up to 305.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #1320 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post

after you adjust the velocity screw you need to take 3 shots before you can get a reliable reading. and it get real touchy down at field velocity.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone