mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #1281 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
I'm sorry to have to enter this, but as someone in business, you do not have a right to this information at all.

That's like going to a restaurant and demanding their recipe.

You are a paying customer. That gives you a right to own that product, that's it.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #1282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
I'm sorry to have to enter this, but as someone in business, you do not have a right to this information at all.

That's like going to a restaurant and demanding their recipe.

You are a paying customer. That gives you a right to own that product, that's it.
Except for when one version of the same dish can be lethal...
Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #1283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothice View Post
Except for when one version of the same dish can be lethal...

Damn you Pepperball!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #1284 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Not true.

I have a friend who is badly allergic to red pepper. When we go out, they ask if a certain menu item has that in it. The response is "yes" or "no" they still do not give the recipe.

The analogy is that TA has stated that these are ok for use in paintball. Some people are determined to make TA look bad, or to infer some other meaning.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #1285 (permalink)

Well I'm sure not going to argue with you. Waste of breathe trying to ever convince anyone of anything.

Did you order an sa-8?

I'm excited to get my blemish back. Hopefully before sat so I can use it.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #1286 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Not true.

I have a friend who is badly allergic to red pepper. When we go out, they ask if a certain menu item has that in it. The response is "yes" or "no" they still do not give the recipe.

The analogy is that TA has stated that these are ok for use in paintball. Some people are determined to make TA look bad, or to infer some other meaning.
I don't think that's the case while it may be true for some. What seems more likely to be the truth here (which is what some want) is the fact that TA was more worried about the liability aspect than the relief valve like was lead to believe.

As soon as some of the "blems" get back to a few of us we will be able to compare the two and get to the truth regardless of what the factory says to be the case.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #1287 (permalink)

My biggest concern with the TAC8 R is, it looks identical to the SA-8 plus a paint job.

What does this mean? This means that if the fields ban SA-8's they will ban them depending on the body of the gun. People will repaint their guns to get around that, then the fields will ban them on the last thing that makes them look like SA-8's, the fixed relief valves.

Otherwise I think Tiberius handled the situation well, for $50 (plus shipping) you get a real T8. Which still comes out cheaper then the refurb Tac 8 because you get an extra mag .

Also Tiberius doesn't have to give us the exact differences, though it would be nice just to know, it is their patented design. It could be as bad as software, though you bought the software your not allowed to reverse engineer it.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #1288 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Tell that to Toyota.

If a company is stating that such and such a thing is too dangerous to use on a paintball field, and another outwardly identical one is released to the public to specifically use on a paintball field, yes, I have a right to know if I'm going to go home blinded, or not. They're my eyes, I've paid a lot for them already.

I'm sorry if having my hand patted is not enough. The days of companies just saying "don't worry about it, we have your best interests at heart, trust us" are over. People have a right to know if the products they use are dangerous or not and they have a right to solid answers if any concerns creep up. Toyota is learning this lesson the hard way.

I'm not the one who opened up this can of worms. There's no personal vendetta here, I just want to know what's dangerous, what's not...and why.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #1289 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If it says "Not for recreational use" or "Law Enforcement and Military Use Only" it is not intended for or designed for safe use in the sport of paintball. If it has the industry standard paintball warnings etched on it when it leaves our factory we stand by the fact that it is safe for use in the sport of paintball. This is one of the primary reasons we didn't provide a "kit" for users to convert and SA-8 and simply cover over the warnings on the body.

The Tiberius-R markers that were sold have said warnings laser marked onto an anodized body, they have a (different & safe) relief valve system, and parts designed for paintball. Fields have been briefed on what to look for and we aren't going to outline every step required to bypass the very purpose of our investing the time and resources we have. I have reiterated the fact that we didn't sell these SA-8's to anyone but Pepperball and trained agencies. They are clearly labeled as not for recreational use... we aren't liable and that isn't our motivation. If people are "looking for the truth" they can read what I have posted. If they want to spin something else out of the fact that we have chosen not to delve into every engineering specification our company has made, that is their decision, it doesn't change ours.

We have in most peoples opinion gone above and beyond in helping provide as many options as possible to those looking for a solution to a problem Pepperball created. We appreciate the support, words of encouragement, and even friendships we have made in working through this whole ordeal.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #1290 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Way to go TA! Very well said.

/ Feedback / Portfolio / Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! /

Last edited by Stuffy; 03-08-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone