mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #741 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Fortunately I have another T8

I figure ordering some T4 parts and throwing that in at the same time, makes for a nice non-chalant scam.

Probably won't bother though, if I can get that back anodized it'll be a nice gun, just w/o the relief valve.

Sorry for my T-8 noobishness but what does the relief valve do exactly?

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Ghandi
Old 02-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #742 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsesedwithpb_15 View Post
Sorry for my T-8 noobishness but what does the relief valve do exactly?
It vents air pressure when it reaches an "unsafe" level. It basically is there as a safety measure to prevent super high spikes in velocity.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #743 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deuce View Post
It vents air pressure when it reaches an "unsafe" level. It basically is there as a safety measure to prevent super high spikes in velocity.
Its a terrific idea. The T-8 is mag based, which is great except that automags have a critical flaw in that they suffer from spikes when using co2 and/or dirty air sources. The vent fixes that, though on the SA-8, its set to a high level, so it will not prevent hot shots, but will at least keep the gun from blowing apart....

Quote:
a metric **** ton. especially since someone on here leaked it to techpb. they seem to have a bit weaker case of gun whoreitus as us.
About 20 pages back, someone mentioned that the pepperball operator said they were getting HUNDREDS of orders a day. That might have been hyberbole, or it might have meant they have sold a couple thousand! I don't think thats likely since the highest serial number posted was around 1200 I think.

It is a little worrying to think that there might be 100+ of them floating around on EMR Castle day, or some other large event. There are always accidents at these large events, plus occational drinking.... hopefully nobody does anything stupid....

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #744 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post

About 20 pages back, someone mentioned that the pepperball operator said they were getting HUNDREDS of orders a day. That might have been hyberbole, or it might have meant they have sold a couple thousand! I don't think thats likely since the highest serial number posted was around 1200 I think.

It is a little worrying to think that there might be 100+ of them floating around on EMR Castle day, or some other large event. There are always accidents at these large events, plus occational drinking.... hopefully nobody does anything stupid....

well i believe that was me... she said they are getting a hundread plus orders a day (of single to multiples)...... and my serial is 1101...

also ... yeah they are adjustable.. so go to a big event (or call ahead) and tell them to make sure to test pistols out with a chrono expecially if they see blue or orange... I know mine was set to 395.... THAT WOULD HURT WITH A PB TO THE NECK!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna get a chrono soon... i do know that nice chrono.. white one.... maxes at 450 and when i adjusted mine wrong... i went the wrong way and it didnt register on the chrono... we went 6.5 turns in then 1.5 out..... so total of 5 turns in... WOW it shot the baby powder balls flying like bullets!!!!! a paintball just exploded in the barrel!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #745 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

At least one of them showed up at the WTL on January 30th. It was bought second hand off of Ebay. It was adjusted down to 270 and allowed in the tournament. The Orange is really not that bad. I am just waiting patiencely for my blue one
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #746 (permalink)

is that the serial # that is under the barrel? cause mine is 394.

i love this thing. i got the orange one and was gonna get it annoed but im gonna keep it this color, and get another one come friday.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #747 (permalink)
I used to tango

There were 3 at Clareball.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #748 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquateenjunkie View Post
is that the serial # that is under the barrel? cause mine is 394.

i love this thing. i got the orange one and was gonna get it annoed but im gonna keep it this color, and get another one come friday.
yes... serial ...

mine is... SWAT-1101 so yours is SWAT-394

someone here has SWAT-666 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read it back a ton of pages
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #749 (permalink)
mr. internet police

you will see a bunch off modded t-8's but i'm going off on a whim and say that many of use will stip the powder coat and continue to mod from there. With the money i saved i'm inclined to spend more on mods.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #750 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
With the money i saved i'm inclined to spend more on mods.
Speaking of, what is the cheapest holster for this gun? I see purpose built holsters for $40 or so, but I can find generic ones on Ebay for $3-5. However, I'm sure that most of those would be too small.

Also, what are the barrel-plug rules for pistols?

Mine is SWAT296. and so far looks to be in perfect condition. I kinda like the orange, its growing on me, though I suspect that some refs might be on the lookout for orange/blue guns if there are some accidents.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone