mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #781 (permalink)

Has anyone else had a problem with the 12ies blowing out rather than sealing? Both of my mags vent the CO2 out of the valve completely and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Do I have a problem or am I an idiot? And yes those aren't necessarily exclusive

Last edited by Evil; 02-03-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #782 (permalink)
Banned

Most likely your just not screwing them in fast enough.
Just as you puncture the 12ies, it will start to hiss and leak and if you don't immediately tighten it up all the way it will completely leak out on you.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #783 (permalink)

Well I got some awesome news. I was just looking at this thread: Unboxing of the First Strike T8 Conversion Kit - Tiberius Arms Forums

And it looks like the SA-8 that I got is first strike ready, just needs a barrel or dremel. My firing pin/bolt looks the same and the spring looks the same.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #784 (permalink)

Party- I wish that were the case but its not hissing and leaking out its venting full force through the valve with almost no leaking around the CO2 canister.

EDIT- To my untrained eye it appears to be a milling problem with the valve but I really hope that's not the case

Last edited by Evil; 02-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #785 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

check the inside of the powertube, is there an o-ring right behind the tip?
chances are it came out, it might be in the front of the bolt
Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #786 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
appears to be a milling problem with the valve but I really hope that's not the case
Might just be the valve poppet has not seated properly yet.
Did you add oil to the valve before you put the 12gram in, like the directions say?

I went and flooded the sucker, and ended up having the opposite problem. I popped in a 12gram, and did not hear anything. no hiss at all. Popped it into the SA8, and still no hiss whatsoever.

I was 95% sure that the 12gram never pierced and I was close to doing something stupid.....

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #787 (permalink)

hey i got mine too, but when i got it the rear sight had come off(someone else also had that problem too) and i found an extra screw, but i don't know where it goes. it shoots fine w/o the screw, but still i'm worried. BTW: the screw uses a tinny Alan key instead of a screwdriver. also i live at the beach so everything, i mean EVERYTHING, that can rust will rust. i want to remove the powder coat, but will the ano rust? or not?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #788 (permalink)
DSL is new here

ok who posted a question about these in the Tiberius section on pbnation? whos the traitor? wheres the lynch mob?

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #789 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidget View Post
hey i got mine too, but when i got it the rear sight had come off(someone else also had that problem too) and i found an extra screw, but i don't know where it goes. it shoots fine w/o the screw, but still i'm worried. BTW: the screw uses a tinny Alan key instead of a screwdriver. also i live at the beach so everything, i mean EVERYTHING, that can rust will rust. i want to remove the powder coat, but will the ano rust? or not?
Ano does not rust, but IIRC, the back block is raw, so that may oxidize(because as far I know, aluminum does not exactly rust*cue somebody I forgot and cockerpunk arguing about aluminum oxidizing*).

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #790 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidget View Post
no, but where the valve is raw, it will oxidize, pit, and weaken the metal
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone