mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #921 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Of course, but it might be valuable to know how much.

Mine arrived today. Orange powdercoat, clear (or unanodized) beneath. Shipped Feb 9.

Last edited by MondoMor; 02-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #922 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Urgent: Safety Information

It has come to our attention that Pepperball Technologies has released for sale to the public the SA-8 pistol which our company, Tiberius Arms manufactured for them based on their specifications. In the interest of public safety and customer satisfaction we felt it important to provide the general public with additional information about this product. First, it is important to understand that this product was never intended for any recreational activity and was not designed to fire .68 paintballs. This product was produced and sold only for use as a less than lethal weapon. It is also important to note that while this weapon appears similar to our Tiberius 8 (aka. T8, Tac 8, Tag 8) paintball pistol, internally there are numerous differences which makes their use in painball dangerous. After receiving and closely analyzing the SA-8, many of those who have purchased them have noticed that many parts are different. Many of the SA-8’s were built with a non-adjustable regulator and all were built with a fixed pressure relief valve. This means the SA-8 is missing key safety components designed for the sport of paintball. We realize that paintball player’s who purchased an SA-8 didn’t realize that what they were purchasing wasn’t suitable for paintball. Safety is of primary importance in the sport of paintball and manufacturer’s, distributor’s and player’s all have a responsibility to insure the equipment they are selling and/or using functions in a safe manner. Player’s attempting to refinish or rework an SA-8 for use in the sport of paintball are putting themselves and other player’s at risk. Tiberius Arms wants to do our part to ensure that these products are not used in the sport of paintball. Accordingly we will be working with field owners so they can recognize Tiberius manufactured less lethal products that are not suitable for use in the sport of paintball. In addition we would like to offer all of those who purchased an SA-8 Bundle with the intention of using it for paintball the opportunity to return said kit to us in exchange for a $100 Tiberius Arms gift certificate. Those with questions should contact Eric Bratten with Tiberius Arms at eric@tiberiusarms.com

Best regards,
Eric Bratten
VP Sales & Marketing
Tiberius Arms
260.478.2500 ext. 235
260.572.2210 fax
Eric@tiberiusarms.com
Tiberius Arms
Old 02-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #923 (permalink)
DSL is new here

wow thats a really great thing you guys are doing, and a really great deal. I think I may return mine and get the 8.1 players pack.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #924 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Why not sticky this thread? 93 pages? Really?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #925 (permalink)

Ya, no thanks Tiberius. Mine is shooting at 270fps that is field legal and safe. I have owned multiple paintball pistols and none of them ever had a pressure reliefe valve. Therefore my gun not having an adjustable pressure reliefe valve doesn't bother me at all.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #926 (permalink)

wait are they saying it CAN'T fire .68 cal PBs, or they would PREFER if it didn't fire .68 cal PBs because of liability bull****? are the truly not safe? i can't afford any Tiberius products, just this was a long shot with my parents! a gift certificate is FREAKING USELESS!

i think i'm screwed...

Last edited by ajmidget; 02-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #927 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidget View Post
wait are they saying it CAN'T fire .68 cal PBs, or the would prefer if it DIDN'T fire .68 cal PBs?
they're saying they're not designed for them (yay for ambiguity on my part). I cant see the metal detents in the barrel as being nice on paint.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #928 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
I cant see the metal detents in the barrel as being nice on paint.
My Tac-8 have metal detents ...

Le Renard Youtube Channel
Old 02-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #929 (permalink)
Engineer

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
My Tac-8 have metal detents ...
thats the new style
That'll teach her
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Mini a t2 or s6/6.5
Then eblade it
My Feedback
Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #930 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidget View Post
wait are they saying it CAN'T fire .68 cal PBs, or the would PREFER if it didn't fire .68 cal PBs because of liability bull****? are the truly not safe? i can't afford any Tiberius products, just this was a long shot with my parents! a gift certificate is FREAKING USELESS!

i think i'm screwed...
it has already been shown that they can fire paintballs. tiberius is just saying that they wern't designed to fire paintballs (although I think that we all know that they were just modifyed to fire pepperballs). like someone said earlier "name one pistol (other than the t8) that has a presure releife valve. adjustable or non." aslong as it is shooting below 300fps it is safe.
Quote:
Im pretty sure the SA-8's are more "safe" to use for paintball then some of the Wal-Mart guns that companies are trying to sell to new and unexperienced players.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone