mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
Eh, honestly if pumping isnt what you enjoy playing right now then dont do it, sell the gun and pick up something else.

You should only pump cause you enjoy it, dont do it cause its the "cool thing" on boards like this.
Well said!

https://shop.ebay.com/pumppbky_pumps_...&_trksid=p4340
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

A mech cocker is a lot of fun too and you're still thumbing your nose at the electro guys. Pull off the pump kit and put the pneumatics back on, time it to a "T" and go have some mechanical fun. If it's still not doing it for you then at least you tried.

I know that for myself playing pump totally changed how I play semi woodsball. I now only take shots when I have at least a decent chance of making a hit and I seldom shoot more than three times at any one target from a single spot. I went from using a hopper that holds 180 balls to a SportShot that barely holds 90. And I almost never use much more than half unless I'm a defender in a Capture the Base game. In fact I may even start just using my Winchester pump hopper that holds 40 and carry 3 or 4 tubes for another 40 "just in case".

Besides, the idea is not to hang around and keep on swapping paint 1 ball to 20 but to poke his head down and then MOVE to where he doesn't know you are....
miracle in some small way.........

Last edited by Railgun; 08-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

well, I just got that pump tank. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pump for speedball.

Switching to mech would make me need a new tank.
Kzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
well, I just got that pump tank. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pump for speedball.

Switching to mech would make me need a new tank.
Yup. One option would be - tough it out for a bit, buy a Tippman M98C and get a CO2 tank for cheap. Now you have a semi and a pump.
acesn8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Club
Don't pop out of the same spot twice. Move more.

I love playing limited paint, and I love stock class. The guns are so small and so light. The nightmare is a riot to play with. It's a handicap, but you play around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
Don't pop out of the same spot twice. Move more.

I love playing limited paint, and I love stock class. The guns are so small and so light. The nightmare is a riot to play with. It's a handicap, but you play around it.
I'm fat. The playing field is pretty big and up a slight incline. My legs got a killer workout my first game. Not too many big trees to hide behind and bunkers aren't a great place to be since ya can get flanked so easily due to how wide it is.
Kzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Ok, not being rude here, but it is starting to sound like there is an excuse for everything, it sounds like you just need to play pump more in the woods and see how you like it. If you don't, then you know what to do. If you do, great, you are like many on here. We all have the same disadvantages playing pump, overcoming those disadvantages is what makes pump so rewarding.

Feedback +28|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone