mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-27-2011, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
CCI Pistolier

Amazing customer service CCI

I know this has been said but it must be said again today. CCI has great customer service.

I just recently purchased a new marker from a local field with a detent ring set. This set has 4 detent rings just like it did when I bought one back in 2005. The smallest ring still was having roll out or at least half way down the barrel this past saturday giving me soup that I would never expect from a phantom. Thinking maybe I was out of the habit of properly rocking and cocking the phantom and I was chopping paint like I did 6 years ago when it was a new concept to me I checked how I was feeding and sure enough double and tripple feeds. Soup happened! and if not soup then 2 balls at once unless I was very careful. It was an ok day of play. I know the paint was more to blame than the phantom but I felt the only option I had to do was to buy a barrel kit like the freak kit/8" phrantom II I had all those years ago. I emailed Mike today and told him the same story and my idea to have smaller detent rings. He replied that he has been making a .670 ring that is a gold color he now includes in the detent ring kit and he will be shipping me one. Amazing. I am pleased with my first interaction with CCI customer service. This is the first and only issue I have ever had using a Phantom.

-Spaz

^^^ Steal this if you want.^^^

feedback

SPC in the US Army Reserve

Lansing, MI
spaz66777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I met Mike Cassidy at SPE a couple years ago, mentioned how much of an issue I'd been having with the pierce pin seals on my brand new Squall, and how I had been told they got them from CCI, Mike took a look at mine and announced without the slightest hesitation "yeah...those aren't mine...I don't know WHO'S they are, but they're not mine"

the next morning he actually tracked me down (note we had met at Famous Dave's, and he and Mongo were a few drinks in) the next morning at the field, reminded me of our conversation, and handed me a small ziplock sandwich bag of pierce pins and seals...enough to last me years, if not forever...for nothing. just because I was having trouble with my gun. and it wasn't even HIS gun...

stand up guy, and one who clearly is in it for the game...it's kinda sad that such a spirit seems so unknown nowadays that this sticks out like a supernova in my memory. we need more companies like CCI, and more guys like Mike
Amoryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oldschool veteran

I'm pretty much on a first name basis with Mike after buying a prototype of his during Supergame 41 in Oregon. I can personally say that he cares 100% about customer satisfaction. After I bought his prototype Phantom, he set aside all the extra parts for it that he found in his shop so that I could buy them later. He's very thoughtful and always goes beyond the call of duty to ensure that his customers are happy.

Big corporate gun makers don't care about their customers anymore in my opinion. There are a few exceptions like Bob Long, but they are few and far between. Paintball was never supposed to be a corporate thing.

Hrm, doesn't work as well as "the man with the golden gun".

Feedback thread- https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by bigweave74; 01-27-2011 at 05:01 AM.
bigweave74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigweave74 View Post
his prototype Phantom
Pictures, NOW!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oldschool veteran

PICS!! Behold the "digi-camo Phantom" That is a 1 of 1 never to be reproduced. Mike said the anno screen job (thanks redbeard) alone was as much as one of his guns. Also, for your viewing pleasure and totally unrelated, another 1 of 1 gun that I used to have. Sadly I outgrew cockers. Too much tinkering involved. That's a Doc's Machine Fastback.

By jweavercma at 2011-01-27

Last edited by bigweave74; 01-27-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
THE Green Modster

Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan

CCI really is just a synonym for customer service.
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar

Last edited by Greenmtnphantom; 01-27-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Pictures, NOW!!!
You can't expect to slip the word prototype in a sentence about CCI and expect to get away with it! Not on mcb at least.

Edit: mmmmmmmm nice. I've never dealt with CCI but I have only heard great things.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oldschool veteran

Apparently not I guess! To my knowledge it is the only one in existence. He did make a lower receiver using screen print anno. But that one is in realtree brand camo. It's very detailed.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
It amazes me how Mike as one guy? is able to produce such a quality product and run such a quality business by him self? considering how prolific the Phantom is...thats quite a feat!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Afro Ninja

I bought a used Phantom on-line and I was having issues with the sear tripping when I pumped it forward without having the trigger depressed.

I sent an e-mail to Mike and he shipped me out a new hammer and sear free of charge.

That, to me, is amazing.
WickedTangoFox is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone