mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

Lets see pics of your Paintball Caddy!

I never owned one since I only use a bag of paint and store it in my friends duffle bag haha.

I haven't decided if I want a DX2 or a GXG. The design on the GXG makes sense, but looks funky haha.

Last edited by Mirad; 04-02-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
I've heard of people using Tide bottles. I'm going to try this.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, a few guys at the field just use Tide bottles, and they seem to do a fine job. Pull the spouts out, and the jug fits nicely on pods.

I've bought a few large bottles of tide with the plan of using it as a paint caddy after it gets emptied, however each time it has had only a load or two left in it, someone else in the house does laundry, finishes it off, and tosses the 'useless' empty jug in the recycling bin. This of course wouldn't be an issue if it happened on any other day than the day before we put the recycling cart out,... After happening 4 times in a row, I'm convinced the family is just screwing with me.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Yeah, a few guys at the field just use Tide bottles, and they seem to do a fine job. Pull the spouts out, and the jug fits nicely on pods.

I've bought a few large bottles of tide with the plan of using it as a paint caddy after it gets emptied, however each time it has had only a load or two left in it, someone else in the house does laundry, finishes it off, and tosses the 'useless' empty jug in the recycling bin. This of course wouldn't be an issue if it happened on any other day than the day before we put the recycling cart out,... After happening 4 times in a row, I'm convinced the family is just screwing with me.
Get a magic marker and write "SAVE FOR LUCKLESS" on it.

Did you pick your username based on your luck with tide bottles?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
BSAD

I have one set up...I put digi cam duck tape on it to set it apart from the regular tide bottle trash haha. haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

I did not give MAR any mayo...it just wouldn't be right to unleash that upon this Earth.

Most Generously Sponsored By:

My Wallet
BMayo713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Get a magic marker and write "SAVE FOR LUCKLESS" on it.

Did you pick your username based on your luck with tide bottles?
You would think that covering it in notes would work,...
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
You would think that covering it in notes would work,...
Do this.

Make it so that 2 bottles get used at the same time. As the one bottle gets used, keep filling it back up with the 2nd bottle. When you have less than 1/2 in each bottle, empty one bottle into the other.

Problem solved.

The only caddy I have, I got for free. It came out of a house fire. Not melted, but it smells smoky.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:

Buy your own bottle of Tide and then just dump the contents down the drain.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
One Foot Less

It comes with the balls, great deal, works well.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

This Snake-Eyes78 IDEA. He is a member from the A5OG Forum. He has given me permission to post HIS IDEA here.

Hi everyone, I know that different pod loaders have come up in previous forums, and there are a few different models out on the market to buy. but I wanted to show everyone my own version that I have put together and basically how to build one from everyday house hold goods.

I posted this Thread originally on the X7Operators Forum and though I should post it on here as well.

All you need are a few everyday recycled house hold goods:
-Coffee can (Plastic coffee can preferable)
-Liquid Laundry Detergent Container (ones with the screw lids)
-Or any kind of plastic juice bottle (with a screw on lid)
-box cutter or hobby knife
-sharpie
-Hot Glue Gun or guerrilla glue (your preference, something that will bond plastic together, nothing fancy.)
-duck tape if you want to use it.

EDIT: July 24, 2008: DISCLAIMER PLEASE READ: All ready had this happen to a few members on the X7 Operators Group Forum. For all those guys that are married, living with a significant other, or still living at home with your parents, please be sure the containers are about to be recycled or thrown away. If not you may wind up with a angry wife or family member, wondering why you hacked up the laundry detergent container or coffee can. Snake-Eyes78 is not responsible for a upset wife or family member. Thank you! lol

Step 1:
Get a coffee can and liquid laundry detergent container (or juice container) that you are about to throw away and wash them out.

Step 2:
Depending on what container you use, cut off the top or cut a little bit lower around the feed part of the container (depending on the size of the container).

Step 3:
Take the cut off screw lid of the container and lay on top of your coffee lid. Take your marker and draw an outline of your screw lid top on the coffee lid. Then with your box cutter or hobby knife cut your hole in the coffee lid.

Step 4:
Take your laundry detergent lid, place it in the hole and hot glue it (or use what glue that you have).

Step 5:
Place the coffee lid back on the coffee can and your done.

Step 6
A bag of 500 rounds fits great in these cans. (There is not 500 rounds in this picture I put half a bag in to show an example). But it will hold 500 rounds. NOTE: Make sure the lid is on nice and tight after you load your rounds or your lid will pop off when you flip the can over. You can tell when it makes that little "pop" sound that it's sealed.

Step 7:
Load up!

You can load a whole bag of 500 rounds into these containers. If your in a hurry before a game or during a break in between a game, this is a great loader to use. I hate to waste paint and are notorious for dropping rounds on the ground when I'm in a hurry before a game is about to start. Whats also good is you can fit your coffee can into a cooler to keep your paint out of the heat and direct sunlight.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...HPIM2320-1.jpg[/URL]

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone