mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What Ever Happened To .... (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/168907-what-ever-happened.html)

DSA 07-14-2011 09:36 PM

What Ever Happened To ....

Fill in the blanks it you know....

But you gotta ask the same question about someone else.

Phil Hamm UK Player looked just like Sean Connery exhibited outstanding sportsmanship, just an all around great guy.

Go!

Sabre 07-15-2011 03:00 AM

I want to know...

What happened to Fred Shultz? Why did Scott stop making paintball goggles? What happened to Air America? Why doesn't Original Tiger Stripe start making vintage style paintball clothes again now that woods ball is back in style? Why don't more people use inner tube bunkers like the emergency fix ones at Skyball?

I gotta stop here or I'll be typing all night!

JOESPUD27 07-15-2011 08:39 AM

I want to know what happened to Marty Bush? Older Ironman player, feared pump gunner.

Jay

Steve_81 07-15-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabre (Post 1918329)
I want to know...

What happened to Fred Shultz?

QFT.

BigOldSkool 07-15-2011 11:20 AM

Air America sold the name to NPS/KEE then later came back out as Gurilla Air, which then had Dan Colby involved.. they have since parted ways.

HP_Lovecraft 07-15-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

What happened to Fred Shultz? Why did Scott stop making paintball goggles?

Fred was in a bad car accident around 2000 or so? That was the reason he left paintball. It limited him, so he instead focused on his other business- video production services, or something like that. Still plays though.

As for Scott? A better question is why did they buy Vents? then stop making Vents goggles.. Yes... yes, thats standard industry practice, but Vents were a really cool goggle. The Scotts always seemed like a copy of the JT brand.

And to give credit, both have always been primarily NON-paintball goggle makers. Some retailers are still selling Scott Vectra as "new", but Scott probobly stopped because the market is flooded with too many goggle brands, and there is a large slump in the market/economy/etc right now.

JOESPUD27 07-15-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Why doesn't Original Tiger Stripe start making vintage style paintball clothes again now that woods ball is back in style?

It's my understanding the original owner of paintball tiger stripe (Tim Schloss(sp)) sold he remaining tiger stripe inventory to Valken, witch is why their "new" tiger stripe looks so much like the old style.

Jay

Sabre 07-15-2011 10:32 PM

Here's one... What ever happened to the Freak Barrel System patent? As much as I hate Smart Parts and all they represent, that was quite possibly one of the best paintball upgrades ever invented. Now that SP are dead and buried (:dancingb::dancingb::dancingb:), who got their mitts on the patent? I can't see the paintball industry letting something that popular die.

Steve_81 07-15-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabre (Post 1919357)
Here's one... What ever happened to the Freak Barrel System patent? As much as I hate Smart Parts and all they represent, that was quite possibly one of the best paintball upgrades ever invented. Now that SP are dead and buried (:dancingb::dancingb::dancingb:), who got their mitts on the patent? I can't see the paintball industry letting something that popular die.

Wouldn't it be GOG now? As they are selling the Freak system?

Zapf 07-15-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabre (Post 1919357)

i think kee got that one.