The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member
Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
Originally Posted by szary[PL] View Post
Old school custom guns are something special - something personal - much more than the latest, top shelf gun that's identical to all the other guns of that particular model.

When you can name all the extras that were put on your gun in your sleep, you'll know what i'm talking about.
Some newer guns can achieve this. Not too long ago I picked up a PMR. Fun little modern gun with all the needed bells and whistles... and I replaced half the parts on the thing before I even hit the field. Nothing really wrong with the parts I took off (well, except the weird bumpy trigger and plastic back cap, those were just bad design ideas), but there were a bunch of parts in my collection and at the local store I just liked better than the stock ones. You can tell it's my gun from across the field. A few years later all the "must have" upgrades became standard factory parts, and suddenly all the PMR's turned into clones of each other. It's bad when players have to practically hang name tags on their guns to prevent them from accidentally picking up the wrong one when they go to play.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Dead Zone