mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
MBarry829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: College Park, MD

Paintball related destination

I'm planing a road trip for when I get back to the US. According to scuttlebutt we should be released from active duty some time in January. Well, that's not the best time of year for either a road trip or paintball, but I was curious on thoughts about an awesome field I could possible hit up (I've thought of SC Village and CPX) or maybe the outside chance of a event during that time frame. It's a bit out of season, so I won't get my hopes up... but a fella has to have dreams!
MBarry829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Howdy!
 
Chubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
EMR in Pennsylvania is one of my favorites!
__________________

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3
 
PB Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Litchfield, NH

PPS Fan
Not likely a playable place in January though. I would say maybe a field in Call? Idk I know here in New England a outdoor game. Post November is nothing more than a pipe dream. Goodluck on your search for a field and thank you for your service.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008

Tampa is a good central location. You've got Central Florida Paintball 45 minutes away, Blitzkrieg which always has a great walk-on XBall crowd (sundays), and Orbital which has a great woodsball walkon crowd for Saturday. Then if you head up into Orlando you've got several fields you can check out there, but it's an hour away.

Honestly, I'd time your vacation with a scenario / big game of some sort. Maybe the free finale in Georgia that's in January? That's a better chance for some real paintball, than rolling the dice on showing up to a dead field after all the effort of packing and hauling your gear.
TechPB-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Howdy!
 
Chubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Oh yeah, I forget it snows everywhere but Texas in the winter. You can come to Austin! Winter is our on season.
__________________

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake
 
Neurotic Hapi Snak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ham Lake, MN

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Why's a Guardsman using Navy slang?
__________________

Last edited by Neurotic Hapi Snak; 08-07-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Neurotic Hapi Snak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Yeah, that was me.
 
loocoaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Haboob capital of the western hemisphere, AZ.

CCM Fan
Arizona has a few nice fields and winter is our season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
Buy some popsicles. While your taking the fire S**T you can eat 1 and shove the other up your A**. Thats why they come in 2's. Just dont get them confused!
for SALE
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...arrel-ect.html
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
loocoaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Trololol
 
Meph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Yeah, the lake effect snow here in the North East can pile quite high very quickly. As great as EMR is, it's possible that in January the place will be under 2 feet of snow. Depends on the jet stream and when winter really "starts."

Best bet would be closer to the south or out west. See if there is a Scenario or Big Game event going on. That way you don't have to worry about getting enough people to show up to even have a game at all. Just gotta show up and join one of the sides and attack.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
MBarry829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: College Park, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Hapi Snak View Post
Why's a Guardsman using Navy slang?
Former Marine. I apparently have the nautical habit despite being out of the Corps for 4 years, and in a landlocked country ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
Tampa is a good central location. You've got Central Florida Paintball 45 minutes away, Blitzkrieg which always has a great walk-on XBall crowd (sundays), and Orbital which has a great woodsball walkon crowd for Saturday. Then if you head up into Orlando you've got several fields you can check out there, but it's an hour away.

Honestly, I'd time your vacation with a scenario / big game of some sort. Maybe the free finale in Georgia that's in January? That's a better chance for some real paintball, than rolling the dice on showing up to a dead field after all the effort of packing and hauling your gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Yeah, the lake effect snow here in the North East can pile quite high very quickly. As great as EMR is, it's possible that in January the place will be under 2 feet of snow. Depends on the jet stream and when winter really "starts."

Best bet would be closer to the south or out west. See if there is a Scenario or Big Game event going on. That way you don't have to worry about getting enough people to show up to even have a game at all. Just gotta show up and join one of the sides and attack.
That's my motivation out West for an event. Boosts the numbers, and even though I live in VA, most of the NE is certainly within a weekend trip for something super awesome.

I think I found my motivation for getting to Cally though, the Anchor Steam Brewery. It's not paintball, but I miss them oh so much.
MBarry829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Megaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarry829 View Post
I think I found my motivation for getting to Cally though, the Anchor Steam Brewery. It's not paintball, but I miss them oh so much.
Don't forget In-n-out Burger...
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC