mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #231 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
(Add of subtract 100 psi to our theoretical 3000 psi fill and see what happens

Ty
Our SC play field flash fills to about 2400, then it cools to about 2000. I think I get about 70-80 rounds between 2k and 800 psi on a 17ci. At least the fills are easy.

If you are playing short SC games, 30 rounds on a 12g is not bad for changes. It is also nice when you run out of gas, you just put in another 12g instead of coming up lame. You do tend to change between games, so I don't get my 30 per 12g overall, whereas I'll get the full 70 out of the 17ci HPA. One poor HPA fill will do 4 small games, which would also be 5 or 6 12gs.

12g play also keeps you from dumping your entire capacity all at once. Your marker starts to chill, which will require more frequent changes anyway. I prefer angled stick feeds for pumps. If I have to take the marker off target to load, it might as well be single shot.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #232 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerstern View Post
Saw this thread a few days ago and though up a simple quiz:

1) do you have more 10round tubes than you know what to do with?
2) do they have bright orange flip caps?
3) do you have an excessive amount of 12grams at home?
4) does your maker need to be pumped?
5) are you enjoying your self?
6) do you treat renters with kindness?
7) do you try and take down the players with space dildos?
8) do you go out of your way to try and spook someone?
9) do you believe paintball is all about enjoying your self?
10) do the names; Carter Machine, Lapco, CCI, Line SI, etc etc mean anything to you?
11) Do you need to do some strange hand dance with your marker to actually load a round?
12) Do you stock pile hawaiian shirts from second hand stores?

If you answered "Yes" to 3 or more of these questions, then you are in fact a stock class player.
I could answer YES to all of the above questions except for #2, I have 70+ tubes with green caps for when I run Capless and a 100+ tubes with caps with lanyards that I painted the caps Fluorescent Pink because that's been my identifying color for my pods and tubes at my local filed for many, many years.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #233 (permalink)
Rec Poster

February 5th 2019. Refresher course. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2019, 01:39 AM   #234 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

This thread is awesome!

Honestly, I shoot HPA because I'm poor and all my local fields have free air fills. I've been wrestling with when/ how to setup my secondary phantom with 12g's. I'm encouraged by the talk here. Maybe this summer.

Trying to promote the way of the pump, I swapped my phantom with a guy playing with a relatively small and simple Tippmann last week. Holy heavy, Batman, I forgot just how heavy most markers are! I imagine this is how elite stock class players feel when they put down their 12g powered creation and pick up something with a bottle attached.

#12gEnvy
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #235 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Bang Bang 12g play is fun. Learn to work within the limitations of the 12g and it will work great for you. No need to buy another Phantom you can just throw a SC body and bucket changer on the one you have. Unless you want an excuse to buy a 2nd phantom. Also if you find that you really like SC play you can buy in bulk 12g from Red Rock they have the best prices on Lelands.

I'm amazed at how much Stock Class has taken off. there are games hoping up all over the place.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #236 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Also if you find that you really like SC play you can buy in bulk 12g from Red Rock they have the best prices on Lelands.
Unfortunately Red Rock doesn't have Leland brand anymore, well they didn't late August of 2018. Someone I know picked up a phantom and I went in one thirds on a case and the ones he got were not Leland so I looked and all they had, at that time, was their own brand. I used them quite a bit but I did have a few that were shorter and didn't seal all the way and vented as soon as I pierced them. I will say, once I discovered this I weighed 10 of them right along with 10 Lelands (because that's all I had left of my Leland inventory) the weight was very similar and they didn't vary much from cartridge to cartridge but the other 2 that went in on the case had some that were short as well so it wasn't just me. The only place I could find Leland brand in the 450 count case is on Amazon and the price is just a bit more but I'll be placing that order real soon since I picked up a Phantom for my daughter and that was one of her Christmas presents.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:21 AM   #237 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

I've got some 12g's and these. I literally have no excuse.

I'm just waiting for preparation to meet opportunity. But there is a CQB field that would be perfect for a pistol setup. Maybe when the weather gets warmer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180511-789A4586-2.jpg (213.1 KB, 21 views)
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone