mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Self defence chemical filled rounds designed for paintball marker

These balls break on impact and fill and area with a cloud of fine powder that will cause irritation to the skin, eyes, nose and throat when exposed to it.

Could this lead to a law suit lol?6 Self defence chemical filled frangible rounds designed for paintball marker | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
.... Wow.... Seller is suggesting that you can crank it up to 350fps...

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Just Some Guy

Barrel breaks would be bad news.

My Feedback
MarkT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
.... Wow.... Seller is suggesting that you can crank it up to 350fps...
It would help to knock out the assailant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
That would be bad news lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
especially if its ported.

Photo blog: https://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't want to give anyone "good" ideas that would lead to paintball guns being over-regulated, but has anyone ever marketed heavy solid rounds for self-defense use? I'm thinking about a .68 bismuth or lead ball with a teflon or delrin outer coating. Reballs from hell, basically.

They made "kinetic" rounds for the FN303 but I don't think they were ever available to non LE.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mag-icidal Maniac

They're just Pepperballs. Police have been using them for years. They typically fire them from rebadged Tippmanns. Law enforcement launchers typically do fire anywhere from 350-450 FPS, which is probably where the seller came up with that number.

Not a big deal, really...

Don't **** with Arsenal....that dudes ****ing crazy.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mag-icidal Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I don't want to give anyone "good" ideas that would lead to paintball guns being over-regulated, but has anyone ever marketed heavy solid rounds for self-defense use? I'm thinking about a .68 bismuth or lead ball with a teflon or delrin outer coating. Reballs from hell, basically.

They made "kinetic" rounds for the FN303 but I don't think they were ever available to non LE.

https://www.firebirdshootingsupply.co...c48554tube.jpg
Ok, now I am not a lawyer, but because of the caliber and impact energy of that kind of round, there's a very good chance they'd be classified as a Destructive Device by the ATF, which means you wouldn't be able to buy them anyway.

Don't **** with Arsenal....that dudes ****ing crazy.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
They're just Pepperballs. Police have been using them for years. They typically fire them from rebadged Tippmanns. Law enforcement launchers typically do fire anywhere from 350-450 FPS, which is probably where the seller came up with that number.

Not a big deal, really...
People have been seriously injured and even killed due to over-zealous law enforcement shooting pepper balls into crowds and hitting people in the eye/face/temple. I didn't go and look for it, but there was a well publicized incident when an officer fired pepper balls into a crowd of rioters (sports fans??? maybe in Canada even???) killing a young woman. Police are instructed to shoot at hard objects (ground, walls) near, around or above the intended targets to envelop them in a mist of capsesin (active ingredient in pepper spray/balls) and to not actually aim at or fire pepper balls at people. But... it doesn't always happen that way. I know that I've been hit in the head with a <300fps paintball and that left my ears ringing. I can't imagine being hit by a 350-450 fps round. Pepperballs=not news, no big deal maybe. Their sometimes questionable and careless use as a "less than lethal" alternative=BIG news, especially if the public/newsmedia/politicians make any connection between pepper balls and paintball (not really that big a stretch considering how genetically deficient we have become as a species). And I'm not sure about the legality of selling these to just ol' anybody on fleabay. but yeah... no biggie
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 03-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Just Some Guy

They are shipping from South Africa! I would have expected somewhere in North America at least.

Also, the description says the color is maroon but the picture shows green.

I think these are homemade, not real pepper ball brand.

My Feedback
MarkT is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone