mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Got the gloves...now about pants

So in the vein of my last question, I have a pair of XSV pants, had them since the day they camer out and love them. But I'm not as skinny as I was in high school, and the pants are pretty torn up by now anyways.

The thing I loved about these over a lot of the other brands was they didn't cover just my shins like most paintball pants do but all the way up and over my knees. Any pants out there now still like that? The new Dye ones aren't perfect but seem alright, just hate the cost. The last JT Pro pants (08 I think?) seemed pretty good too, but I really want to buy brand new, not used, though I'm sure I could find some old stock of them if I looked.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

yea man the XSVs are really the best pants ever made... I will cry the day I can't use mine anymore.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Coincidentally, these were just released:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s....php?p=2436551
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

yea I've had my eyes on those, they look very promising, hoping to see them in stock soon around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
yea man the XSVs are really the best pants ever made... I will cry the day I can't use mine anymore.
They actually still make them...or did a year or two ago, but in UGLY colors. The company who made them for XSV was selling them themselves, forget the name though
Old 08-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB lurker.

Jt 08 Pro's are pretty much what you're looking for (You already brought them up).

Their waist size isn't too adjustable, and you'll get lucky to find them new. But if you can find a pair new in your size, I really recommend them, super comfy, super durable (caught mine up on barbed wire once, and they survived me using them), but they do sound like wind pants a little.
killjoywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
If you are looking for a pair of JT pro pants, the store that I work at still has a few in stock. Can't remember the sizes but PM me if you are interested
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

I know a few years ago Thomas Taylor started a close line and re-released pants much like the old XSV ones under his brand.
NPpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mar
Just ****ing confused

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPpballer View Post
I know a few years ago Thomas Taylor started a close line and re-released pants much like the old XSV ones under his brand.
Thomas Taylor released a pant by APX (the maker of DBD) a limited edition pant.

You can try APX and see if they have any pants in stock: closest to the XSV you will get.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yea I believe those are the ones I'm thinking of, can't remember the name to save my life, I probably have a bookmark somewhere around here with it lol.

Quote:
If you are looking for a pair of JT pro pants, the store that I work at still has a few in stock. Can't remember the sizes but PM me if you are interested
I may! Talked a friend today, and found out one of the other stores has a crazy amount of them...but they're well-known for selling used gear as new, so gonna check it out and see!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Disruptive Tourny Pants

These:

Disruptive Paintball Pants

The link is for the generation 1 pant. They just released the newer version last week and have clearance priced the old pant.

I've been wearing these playing about 10 times per month for the past year. I slide a lot. Still holding up awesome. Venting and padding is amazing, and they have a build in pod loop on the butt that can hold a single 140rnd pod or two 50 round pods.

The only difference between the original and the new pant is that the 2nd generation pant has velcro along the entire pant cuff, and comes with a belt.

MCB Feedback
greystone is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone