mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
To me, it seems like an abomination that came into existance to get around the tournament rule of 'semi-auto only'. On the recball field, double finger triggers have caused more problems than solved.
I blame the cocker guys. Your fingers would get tired on old mags and cockers and double frames let you rocket up to 8 bps.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
My point is, even with an electro, why do you need a double trigger? You can shoot a single trigger eleco extremely fast, and board modes make up the ROF if needed. I don't even understand why people playing PSP or NXL would use double triggers, if presented the option. Capped auto or ramping with a single trigger just makes more sense than fanning a trigger to get the same basic end result (lots of paintballs in the air).
Because there are some of us who can walk an electro in semi and still handle it just fine.

Also, since most tournament leauges specify a double trigger electro, that's whats gonna keep getting produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
Because there are some of us who can walk an electro in semi and still handle it just fine.

Also, since most tournament leauges specify a double trigger electro, that's whats gonna keep getting produced.
Your first comment is entirely personal preference, which I can agree with.

The latter is part of the reason why I don't understand this. Tournament paintball, compared to the rest of the commercial and non-commercial paintball community, is insignificant. Why then are markers continually made to conform to their play styles and rule sets? I could understand having the option, but as I said before, every single electronic marker currently produced is only available as a double trigger, unless you get into MILSIM or scenario styled guns. Why?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #54 (permalink)
T-T

Because no ones going to buy a single trigger electro for tourney.
Double is TWICE as much as single. Nobody wants less, people might start wondering what's in their trousers.

EDIT: Being a bloody hypocrite, hate all modes apart from semi, feel like I'm not in control of the gun. If I want to lay a lot of paint (very rare at your moment) it'll be a good, semi double trigger. Such as a recent angel or axe.

But yeah, I don't own anything with a double trigger. Think there's a WGP hinge somewhere, but it's not on anything.

Last edited by T-T; 02-21-2013 at 09:04 AM.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #55 (permalink)

PPS Fan
I was reading think and thinking: "I don't really have a preference, either is fine." Then I looked over at my pegboard...

I own one(1) marker with a double trigger. The other ten are singles. Maybe I do have a preference after all.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #56 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Obviously there is a market for a single trigger electro out there. Some will not like it, but some will. I'll call planet eclipse in the morning and somebody sell me an excalibur!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #57 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassballs View Post
I shoot GUNS not markers.

double triggers are for sissies.
lol

+1
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Tournaments are insignificant in the number of players compared to rec ball, but they are significant in the exposure and marketing of a gun. People see pro players or teams that are famous in our community and they take notice of what the person is wearing/shooting and they emulate it. That's just how marketing works, and it does work.

Now why the major companies make the guns with double finger triggers is, IMO more about versatility than anything else. With multiple leagues having multiple rule sets, you need a marker that can effectively be a jack of all trades. Meaning I want to buy one marker I can use for competitive play and recreational play. Because believe it or not, the majority of paintball players do not own 17 markers like many of us on here. (ok, I exaggerate, I'm more like 12 or 13) Now, in order to have one marker that can compete in both PSP and NPPL, you need a double trigger.

Another point, I grew up playing in SoCal, due to to Uncle Sam I haven't played there in about 4 years now, but even back in 2009 most fields there did not allow ramping in rec-ball play. So saying you can just use board programming to make up for it is not always true.

All that said, of my 12 or 13 guns, only 3 have double triggers, but I would not want to change any of those to a single. I guess I just like to swing both ways
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #59 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well maybe that is what Bob Long needs to make next. The single/double trigger, spool/poppet changeable marker. He's just about there anyway.

He can always add SC/OC later.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

The early timmies had a removable trigger guard and a single trigger option.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone