mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, If they have money in mind, let them know how much more they will be making with mask sales or rentals while trying to avoid a lawsuit.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hawkeye: Finest Kind

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion360 View Post
The airsoft players must wear astm paintball masks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
ASTM approved full face and ear coverage, and they had to use barrel covers off the field. Darn thing is that some of them complained we were being "too safe". Go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
If the two are directly interacting - they SHOULD be using the highest standard of minimum safety. Thus - since Paintball has the higher standard - then it should set the minimum safety requirement.

how would you feel if someone said you had to have full ATSM standard paintball mask just to chrony and tune? You might not understand.

keeping them separate is best in my opinion too - but if you mix em - at least make the HIGHEST standard the minimum one for safety sake.
Thanks for the responses everyone. I can always count on the MCB community. I am going to get the owner to make paintball approved face masks mandatory in the chrono area. That seems to be a minimum standard other fields have adopted when paintballers and airsoft have to use the same areas.

On another note: How much damage can an airsoft pellet do? I have been told that they can tear skin and knock out teeth. Is this accurate? I have seen airsoft guns that shoot similar to electros (10+ shots per second.) What would happen if a player wearing shop goggles gets sprayed in the face half a dozen time at close range? It may not happen often, but you have to plan for the worst case scenario.

I worry when I see guys playing airsoft in what I consider grossly inadequate protection. It reminds me of the early days of paintball before any kind of quality paintball specific masks were available. Scary times when you look back.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Not sure about teeth getting knocked out but I know they can tear exposed flesh and crack teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Funny that you mention this,out team is considering renting our private outlaw field on our off weekends to a well organized air soft group to generate some extra revenue for the property owner.I've met several of them,played a scenario once with them when the paintball scenario down the street turned out to be BS.A few of them play paintball with us occasionally too
My biggest concern is face protection&crono speed.Doesn't seen air soft is as regulated as paintball for either of these safety concerns.I've seen a few sniper weapons that use metal bbs and crono around 500 fps!Ouch
Running paintball and airsoft at the same time doesn't seem too wise to me especially if the staging areas and games are near each other.
Do they have a finer mesh netting that they use for air soft?
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderating From Above

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
OXCC does both, but I don't think at the same time. I think they get separate days or even weekends.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
My suggestion; gather a group of airsoft players and the owner and shoot a pair of airsoft goggles 2-3 times and let them make their own decision on how to operate. Some people are just going to be stupid no matter what you do.

I keep my mask on at all times when im at the field (even in deadboxes, or spectator zones). My eyesight is too important and you never know when something bad is going to happen. Last year I was standing in a deadbox and to my great surprise I got hit by paintballs through the netting. You can take every safety precaution and still not be safe. I can't believe people are so willing to trust others with their safety/health.

Some people are just too trusting that bad things wont happen.

Last edited by 300z; 05-19-2014 at 07:58 PM.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Over here, airsoft pretty much adheres to the same safety standards as paintball. Eye pro and barrel condoms. Full face protection is optional (i think). After all, most of the clubs around here play on paintball fields. Its not just a safety issue, but an insurance issue. Some one gets his eye shot out through shop goggles and the field is going to be pretty dam vulnerable position.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
We do both at the same time but it's via paintball rules, paintball mask, barrel covers and such. It is funny though to jump into an airsoft game with a cheapy walmart airsoft gun and paintball gear on, the milsim dudes look at you funny.

My only issue is sometimes when I get hit I still check for a break (airsoft) and end up playing another few seconds until I realize it's airsoft.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
all work

It seems clear that you don't want to name the field in question, but you could give me a hint Is it a certain compact West Toronto milsim field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
I've seen a few sniper weapons that use metal bbs and crono around 500 fps!
I don't think that qualifies as airsoft anymore. In this country that is an FAC required firearm. Shooting that at people for fun sends you to jail.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
It seems clear that you don't want to name the field in question, but you could give me a hint Is it a certain compact West Toronto milsim field?

I don't think that qualifies as airsoft anymore. In this country that is an FAC required firearm. Shooting that at people for fun sends you to jail.
Lots of airsoft sniper rifles which are spring powered shoot well beyond the firearms reg of 495fps and are still legal to own without an FAC. Most snipers I've seen chrono at 520 to 540 and shoot a .28 or so bb. There are also rules in place at most places I've seen organized AS that with a sniper rifle you are not allowed to engage at distances less than 80 or 100 feet. with a .28. I can tell you from experience (having tried AS a few times and being a good shot with a dialed in rifle) that I can hit another player very easily at that range and they'll still know they are hit. I have also been hit by a sniper across the field (probably 150 feet or more) and it didn't hurt too terribly much but anything closer than say 80 feet and it'd really sting badly and probably break skin as well. Also just an FYI the stuff about speeds and the FAC is also related closely to impact energy as measured in joules. That's why an AS rifle can chrono so high and still be legal without an FAC or PAL it's because even at 500+fps they are will under the impact standard that would require an FAC. Also interesting tidbit if an AS gun CAN'T hurt you it is then classed as a replica firearm and requires a PAL whereas if it can actually hurt you it is classed differently and unregulated. Not kidding look it up made me sort of go when I read the regulations

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone