mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
I played yesterday with a store private even here in SoCal. Out of a group of 45 or so I'd 3 or 4 at most were playing pump. Many of the other players were shooting high end markers, a few with those Pinkio? hoppers.
Long story short, I busted out my System X NME for a half game and then went back to pump. It's just the feeling of one balling someone in the mask, that makes it so much more satisfying.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
This is how I used to play paintball:

Two phantoms and a Viking will fit easily in the saddlebags of a Harley Davidson with all the gear you need to play. So I would ride out and play pump until I was sick of losing (because lets face it I'm not that good) and then switch to electro. I would then play with that until I was sick of losing.

Then I would pack everything up and go for a motorcycle ride.
Lol... I can relate.... Only with me it was one Phantom and a Mag!

Walker
"Where You Wrap Up the Day, With Beer and Bengay!"

Nelson Owner's Group
My Feedback!
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

The great thing about pump is if you play well and shoot a few people, you can rub it in (good naturedly, of course) by yelling "Dude! I shot you with my pump gun".
Conversely, if you suck it up and get blown off the field, you can say, "dude, I'm playing with a pump gun."
It's a self esteem win-win.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
you know what question i always enjoyed, but hated at the same time while playing pump?

"dude did you just one ball that guy?"

ummm well.. yeah?

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
I like cunningstunts

Shooting a fast gun makes me pretty lazy and probably other people too. Use that to your advantage. You've got less weight and a smaller profile than with a semi. Use that too. Spend some time at the range and master the snapshot. I'm no expert, but I like these tips(I didn't think em up and you've probably come across them before).

Improve your First Shot Accuracy. At the range, I usually hide behind an obstacle or point my marker down and make every shot a "first shot"

Imagine a line where your cover ends. Don't move too far out of it when shooting but also, don't move too far behind it when hiding. That should make you faster.

Don't peek over cover if you can peek around it. You expose yourself a lot less

Last edited by spikeBasic; 03-30-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: incomplete post
spikeBasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
dont be afraid to switch guns, nelson style setups shoot very different from sheridans/cockers

i tried to get into pump with a phantom VSC, and i couldn't hit the narrow side of a barn.. broad side sure, but i wasn't accurate.. buddy had a T2 that he let me try, i was able to hit 2 inch diameter poles from 30 feet away with the first shot,

i attribute that to playing for years with cockers.. and theres just something about the way a cocker "points" for me

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
(sort of a) Newbie

I went out twice this weekend and its awesome to have the teams fight over you. I was pop'n people in-between the eyes with my phantom and the looks on their faces after the games were priceless. I'm usually the guy running up the farthest and taking on the electos with the ten tubes. I really do love my phantom.
ledheplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
dont be afraid to switch guns, nelson style setups shoot very different from sheridans/cockers

i tried to get into pump with a phantom VSC, and i couldn't hit the narrow side of a barn.. broad side sure, but i wasn't accurate.. buddy had a T2 that he let me try, i was able to hit 2 inch diameter poles from 30 feet away with the first shot,

i attribute that to playing for years with cockers.. and theres just something about the way a cocker "points" for me
This times 10. While my Nelson fu was getting stronger, the Tao of the Sheridan fits how I naturally aim and shoot.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Head Hunter

easy,
instead of being the passive by relying on your paint to put their head in. be the aggressor. move first, move fast, stay low, use blind spots, get the better angle, learn to snap shoot fast. when i snap shoot, i snap so fast that i am back in before i see the ball break, so the next thing i see is them walking out.

be unpredicable. for ex: when i surrendered a guy last weekend i did not go around the bunker, i went over it.

i cannot stress enough though to get ****ing good at snap shooting though.
you snap fast enough and you will out shoot 99% of the semis. but always remember, switch hands and watch your ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-I'm not just a gun whore, I own a Brothel!

So that's Madam Doc to you, sir!

Doc.
STOCKCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
This times 10. While my Nelson fu was getting stronger, the Tao of the Sheridan fits how I naturally aim and shoot.
My internet crush is growing. Talking about Taoism and sheridans in the same sentence. Impure thoughts go away.

How's that build coming along?

Back to topic...

STOCKCLASS' post had the theme of what I think of in terms of pump play. Don't play someone else's game. Play yours to your strengths and let your small successes fuel your fun and your moments of folly and failure fuel it as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone