mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
i still get a heart-on for the LV1 wth winchester and 13ci that shows up in the pictures once in awhile
I still tend to play with my semis instead of my pumps just to avoid having the balls get pushed past the detents and rolling out the barrel (whole 'nother rant about shrinking paint) but it's been a long while since I've played with anything bigger than a winchester or Allen pocket hopper on top. I usually have a stick feed and either a 13ci or a 45x4500 peanut. I don't shoot enough to need much more.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I don't use a pump, but I do use a mag-fed (which can be arguably harder since most pumps still have 250-round hoppers and I only have 5 20-round Zeta Mags) and will tell you this: it's a completely different game.

If you're playing against speedballers (aka semi-users) then you're going to be outgunned. You have to play for yourself, and play harder. If you play in mag-fed/pump/limited paint games then things will be more even and you can relax a little. But when you start popping people, it feels better.

Mag-fed/pump/LP play is more about you as the player and skill than it is 'spray and pray'. Anyone can fire 500+ rounds in a game and get a few out.

As an aside, I still kind of suck, but the general message here is still valid :P
GabeCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #43 (permalink)

Funny thing is I don't mind being outgunned. I can sit behind a tire all day happily snap shooting with some guy shooting a geo and I'll just see it as practice. Once I get a semi I'll still shoot it at a very low rate of fire since it's just my nature.. I just want to not worry about a pump stroke if I get rushed and have to shoot out a bit quicker! Or if I gotta hit a running target.. Let's just say paint has been very brutal to me in terms of trajectory :/
Christofolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
Do what makes you happy but either way there are 2 things:

1. work on your snap shooting. One well placed shot will force someone back in. These situations are all about head games, if you can bait the other person out far enough to get a clear shot or bug them enough to do something stupid. You can also tease them enough to get them to empty their hopper and force a reload, at which point you have an opportunity to move or to get the first shot off when they come back out. heck you could even stay completely quiet and make them think you've left your position and when you hear them coming up pop out(this doesn't really work in speedball but you get the idea).

2. Increase your situational awareness. The fact that you don't have a machine gun going off next to your face is an advantage. Use your ears to tell you what's going on around you. If you have someone you can't get out in front of you look for cross field shots. You can also hear if the player in front of you is shooting inside vs at you as well. Another opportunity to move/gain position(posting)/bunker your opponent.

People tend to get very upset when the 6'3 300lb guy bunkers them on the airball field but I can pull it off because I can take a very educated guess about what everyone else on the field is doing without having to see most of them.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #45 (permalink)
Mar
pwisan

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
You're a beauty. Can't wait to see pics. And then I'll be sending you gifts trying to get you to build me one haha.

One love brother.

Hugs with a back rub
Stay away from my man!

both of you!

lol.

THis year I am switching from stock class pirates and stick fed pumps to a Rotor and a G6R - pump is lame.

I will be shooting rope-tit-laser-lanes at everything that moves, from Refs to Dead Men Walking...

Bring your micro-fibers gents!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Stay away from my man!

both of you!

lol.
There's always room for one more on the love train.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Bigfoot owes me money!!

My thoughts, barrel tags save the most on paint, doesn't matter if you use a pump or semi. But, a pump does motivate the other player to play a bit harder the next time.

which makes even more fun.
Bigfoot - still at large

My MCB feedback thread
FS/T:
check back later
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

Soooooo excited for this.

And the love train is free for all. I'm happy to be the skier for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Stay away from my man!

both of you!

lol.

THis year I am switching from stock class pirates and stick fed pumps to a Rotor and a G6R - pump is lame.

I will be shooting rope-tit-laser-lanes at everything that moves, from Refs to Dead Men Walking...

Bring your micro-fibers gents!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone