mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
Pistol and shield game?

I thought I remember someone playing like this a couple years ago but searching and google are no help...

I remember it having pretty interesting rules, shields could be in whatever shape you wanted but could only be "x" square feet or something, thought I also remembered someone attaching magazines to the inside of their shield for quick reloading...

Am I going insane? Did I make all of this up or do my searching skills really suck that bad?
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

That sounds cool I havent seen that one though. I used my shield / friends pistol in a larger game video I made but without that 'only' restriction and I added a pistol holster/mirror to the inside of it. This is what I use:

Remember shields are fun to play with not to clean...
Without paint: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Music Videos - Check out my channel
NEW: Write it Down
Walk Away

Last edited by ragu; 12-03-2015 at 08:34 PM.
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wasteland Warrior

Was it AgentSmith playing the Spartan game? I vaguely remember him talking about shield size restriction. He would also be playing with a pistol.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

We have a walking dead scenario near us that does something similar. There are the two main teams, then the zombies. The zombies can't score points, but they get inserted into random places in the field before the game and are essentially there to harass the other two teams and cause chaos. All of the zombies got a shield, regardless of gun type. The shields were provided, but it was still pretty neat.
pearcem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Careful with the shield thing. One of the worst scenarios I've played at allowed shields and gun hits did not count, that was not a fun time.

Alternatively one of the best games I've played was a Halo themed game in texas. Certian classes were allowed a shield in limited numbers.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucey View Post
Was it AgentSmith playing the Spartan game? I vaguely remember him talking about shield size restriction. He would also be playing with a pistol.
Yes. I remember this as well.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I played a local scenario game with a Call of Duty theme that allowed the use of shields in conjunction with pumps and pistols. Gun hits still counted. It made for some pretty interesting gameplay. I gave the whole shield thing a whirl while using a pair of PGPs, just to try the most impractical thing imaginable. I made my shield from the lid of a the biggest sterlite storage bin I could find with a belt duck-taped to it as a handle and carrying strap. It was questionable effectiveness, though I found the clear shield came in handy for being able to act as the observer for the little fort I was defending, since I could stick my head up and act as a spotter with impunity, only having to duck down to wipe the paint off the plastic when it got too hard to see.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Careful with the shield thing. One of the worst scenarios I've played at allowed shields and gun hits did not count, that was not a fun time.
That sounds like a horrible time, at least take the guns out when they get hit. Then your switched to defensive role only and everything will change

Music Videos - Check out my channel
NEW: Write it Down
Walk Away
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post

Alternatively one of the best games I've played was a Halo themed game in texas. Certian classes were allowed a shield in limited numbers.
That first one sounds like a good way to have a lot of people trying to fight each other.
PlawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

If it was AgentSmith it was the 300 Game at Hell Survivors. He probably used a pistol but it wasn't pistol specific. They only ran that game for a couple years then dropped it for various reasons... I think mostly low attendance and meh factor...

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...-michigan.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum

Last edited by MaD; 08-11-2015 at 12:38 PM.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone