mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #51 (permalink)
Has too much crap

Uppity Walmarts don't carry paintball stuff anymore really. Redneckville ones have plenty. Bradenton is uppity, my grandpartents say that when they go down for the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrook View Post
Checked my local Walmart, wasn't sby there, only thing then had paintball related was a cheap JT mask. Not even splatmasters.
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nah, Sarasota is uppity, Bradenton is a mix. I'll check one of the other 2 that are closer to redneckville, I know I got my splatmasters from one, might be my best luck there.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #53 (permalink)

Woah, looks like I'm late to the party.

I'm willing to answer any questions you guys have.

The bolt is removable, without tools. Simply pull out the cocking knob and pin that holds the velocity adjuster. Both the hammer and bolt will slide out the back.

Yes, the barrel is plastic but pretty accurate and also Apex2 ready. This marker also takes Spyder MRX, MR5, and MR6 barrels. We did this in order to pass savings on to the consumer.

It's hard to compare this marker to the Hammer7 or MR5(both of which are on closeout, we all know what that means). The DL9 and previously mentioned markers are made by 2 different companies, one no longer exists in its old form, why? Maybe look at the price point on those markers.

The DL9 comes with a blow molded 200rnd loader, JT Raptor Goggle(w/ Proflex foam), 90g tank, 90g tank adapter, squeegee, 9 round magazine, and a coupon for a free 9rnd magazine offer. The MAP is $119.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Club
Haven't seen anything about this in a while. Is the feedneck removable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
Aaahhh yeeeaaaahh...

Send a message via Skype™ to lordgore66

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
Haven't seen anything about this in a while. Is the feedneck removable?
Judging by this pic, yes it is.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #56 (permalink)

Some really nice pictures have been posted here: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post3242252
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:33 AM   #57 (permalink)

So I haven't had the chance to run my DL9 yet, but mine was definitely not "ready to play" as the box described. The stock barrel o-rings were either too big or too swollen, preventing the barrel from entering the marker. The magwell was insanely tight and getting the magazine out required significant force. I had the same result using my older mags that I use with my Hammer 7. I will chalk these problems up to a mulligan, as the marker is on its first production run, though prospective buyers should definitely be cautious.

That being said, I tried fitting the barrel Orings provided with my Hammer 7 and it seemed to work fine. For the magwell, I sanded and shaved the living crap out of it, and though it's not drop-free levels of looseness, I don't need to pop a forehead vein trying to pull the mag out. Unfortunately this most likely has voided whatever warranty or returnability so DIY is my only solution now for future problems.

Having read up on reviews of other JT markers, I'm not too optimistic, so I'm definitely going to baby my DL9 on the field. I'm also worried about losing the barrel detent as it's just a small plastic arm held down by one of the barrel O-rings. This was definitely an impulse-driven purchase so I can't really blame anyone but myself, but marketing a magfed marker that uses existing mags and somewhat resembles an oversized Tec9 definitely worked on me.

Last edited by MHPS3000; 02-28-2016 at 02:40 AM.
MHPS3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone