mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Nelson has a special on paint...

I was ordering paint on short notice for a BYOP game. Normally, I won't order Nelson because shipping is so expensive, but shipping is temporarily (I think) free if you order straight from the company. I got two cases of Hemorrhage, and it was delivered to Gate City, VA in 2 days. In the past, it has been very good paint every time I've shot it.

Also, you can enter a coupon code ("NELSON") and it discounts the paint some.

I'm pleased. Hopefully the paint will be just as good as ever.

Just figured someone here might want to get in on this action.
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have they changed their formula so it isn't so much of a bitch to clean up/stains?
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
Have they changed their formula so it isn't so much of a bitch to clean up/stains?
Is that a bad thing? Well, I guess it might be for airball fields that don't clean their bunkers during the course of the day. That's assuming it's high enough quality that it's not breaking in my guns (not something that I'd be worried about with Nelsons stuff in my experience). Otherwise I can definitely appreciate a fill that stays where it breaks. Too many wipers out there that are more talented at removing paint from themselves than actually playing paintball .
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

It's not so much that it's more difficult to wipe, but it would leave a stain/residue behind that sometimes would not come off even with extensive cleaning.

Fields using nelson as their field paint also were having a hell of a time cleaning it off their fields. sup'air bunkers were stained and ruined and even woodsball fields and forts had waxy oily nelson residue that was a bitch to clean off bunkers. black mold would also grow on it.

There was a big stink about all this 5 or 6 years ago iirc. nelson claimed they got a bad batch of a certain ingredient (peg?) or something.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
King of Low-End

I honestly didn't even know Nelson was still around. I thought the only small paint producer still kicking was Karnage (one of my local fields uses them).
kevin qmto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
Modern Nelson paint is great. I love it. When I started playing, though, a lot of what we shot was oil-based Nelson that was INTENDED to be permanent/semi-permanent. We didn't care, it was usually the best paint around.

The only stuff recently that I know of that caused permanent staining was a bad batch of Valken Infinity paint at a scenario game we went to. I've not known of Infinity to stain before then or since then.

Bad batches of paint are inevitable, I don't care who the company is...though thankfully they're not nearly as common as they used to be. Used to be that every time we ordered paint it was a crap shoot.

Hell, a young buck tourney player from my local field went to a tourney recently, and the Evil was bouncing so much that the pros switched to Valken Redemption.
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Is that a bad thing? Well, I guess it might be for airball fields that don't clean their bunkers during the course of the day. That's assuming it's high enough quality that it's not breaking in my guns (not something that I'd be worried about with Nelsons stuff in my experience). Otherwise I can definitely appreciate a fill that stays where it breaks. Too many wipers out there that are more talented at removing paint from themselves than actually playing paintball .
Not everyone can afford to drop stacks for new gear. It really sucks when gear, new or old, gets ruined by some douche shooting monster balls or other **** paint. Also if it gets on your marker or inside it is guaranteed to be a nightmare to clean. I don't know about you but I have a lot of money invested in my gear and would be hotter than a pissed off hornet if some jackwagon stained my gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Not everyone can afford to drop stacks for new gear. It really sucks when gear, new or old, gets ruined by some douche shooting monster balls or other **** paint. Also if it gets on your marker or inside it is guaranteed to be a nightmare to clean. I don't know about you but I have a lot of money invested in my gear and would be hotter than a pissed off hornet if some jackwagon stained my gear.
Maybe I'm lucky but I'm never had gear ruined by crappy paint in almost 14 years of playing. The worst I've had to deal with was paint that was so thick it a required a couple runs in the washer to get off.

It sounds like I need to clarify what I meant. I don't want to stain someone stuff with paint. I do want paint that is impossible to quickly rub off during a game.

I'm ordering a few cases right now. I hope this stuff isn't on sale because it's old/dimpled...
Old 10-25-2015, 01:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I've had a couple of jerseys ruined by the rest pink paint, that sucks. Sure there only jersey's but at around $45 a pop for cheap ones, gets expensive fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

A paintball jersey is ruined because it has a stain?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone