mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Longest paintball game record set in Richmond, B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News

Interesting snippet I found about it.

I wonder, is this a record because it's really a record, or simply because this is the first one someone contacted Guinness about legitimizing?

I can recall playing quite a few scenarios that went 48 hours with only a few hours of stand down the second night. I can't say that I personally ever went over 20-ish hours of straight play, but I know friends I attended with that played every moment...got a little weird towards the end too.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
I wonder, is this a record because it's really a record, or simply because this is the first one someone contacted Guinness about legitimizing?

I can recall playing quite a few scenarios that went 48 hours with only a few hours of stand down the second night. I can't say that I personally ever went over 20-ish hours of straight play, but I know friends I attended with that played every moment...got a little weird towards the end too.
I had a similiar thought.

Having been to a few multiday scenarios and then filmed this, the biggest difference is it was one game. In scenarios, players can come and go as they wish.

This record holder game was very restrictive on when and if players could leave.

Not too sure on the scenario you are speaking of...sounds very fun...but most scenarios have breaks during the day and usually at night. They have have completely different games with completely different objectives and sometimes involve completely different fields or part of the field.

But with almost all guinness book of world records, there is always someone somewhere who has broken it, they just didnt bother going through the verification process and/or reported it.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

so what are the rules?
paintballsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Not too sure on the scenario you are speaking of...sounds very fun...but most scenarios have breaks during the day and usually at night.
It's been YEARS (read decade or more) since being at a game like that. Regulators Outpost (for one) used to do a game that started Friday night, played through Saturday and then would stand down about 3-4 in the morning on Sunday until about 9-ish for a grand finale.

Paintball XSC used to do a similar thing as well.

This was back in days of some serious paintball attendance for games such as this. Regulators probably put on 6 games a year with huge turnout, but only 2 or so in the summer would truly be "48 hour".
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

looks pretty cool. I'd be down for something like this. I'm kinda surprised gatorade wasn't available as the replenishment of electrolytes is critical for endurance activities like this would be. And I don't believe rockstars would cut it.

AM Sentinel and ION MAXD for sale
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ml#post3318647

Misc Sale: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body/whole gun spyder threads preferred.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballsmrf View Post
so what are the rules?
They are on page one of this thread...near the bottom of the page
Old 11-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Did you come up with the specifications for certifying the game as "continuous" or did Guinness?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Did you come up with the specifications for certifying the game as "continuous" or did Guinness?
Ryan and the staff at Richmond Indoor Paintball worked out the above rules directly with the staff at Guinness World Records. They had to provide the paper work from the time keeper and they had to have non-participants sign a form verifying what they saw. And On top of that, a Guinness World Records official was there to oversee.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
paintballgear.ca

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Ryan and the staff at Richmond Indoor Paintball worked out the above rules directly with the staff at Guinness World Records. They had to provide the paper work from the time keeper and they had to have non-participants sign a form verifying what they saw. And On top of that, a Guinness World Records official was there to oversee.
Hi! That's me.

To clarify - We had to apply at GWR for the record. They then sent us the rules and guidelines we had to follow, and the time keeping and record keeping that we had to adhere to. We had to have 2 witnesses every 4 hours to watch, and two time keepers on at all times. It took over 6 months to organize and plan, and took GWR over 5 months to accept it.

The rules were 16 players, 24 hours. Nobody could leave unless they were to use their planned 5 minute breaks every hour. Some banked, some didn't.

We had to submit photo, video, and written time keeping records. If any one of the records were out of place, it's all null and void.

The players once eliminated went to their respawn point. Got air and paint if they needed, then went back into the game. The referees in the staging areas were there to make sure the players were not taking "rests."

The objective was sector capture. When one team held a building for an hour (timed by a referee), the team would get 1 point. If the other team managed to get into the building and eliminate the other players, the time would reset. One building took over 6 hours (which was outlined in Gordons documentary).

Yes, this was official by the Guinness World Records (ClaimID# 499865) you can verify it yourself if you wish.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Goin for it

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
At 8:17 Darian Knapp. The guy who set the 23 hour 55 minute continuous record. Gotta give him some serious props for rolling with the all original PGP.

Awsome video man. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

My Feedback
Ant Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone