mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Y'all seem salty about electros. Give a douche bag player a pump, electro, a crappy mech or whatever have you and he will be a douche. It's the player you have to change, not the gun. I play with both a pump and electro depending on my mood. I play competitive speedball and shoot a billion balls a second on the speedball field when everybody is doing it. In the forest or renters I'll one ball check people, cause I'm not a douche. It's starting to sound like PBN with the hate on electros. Yes I'm salty about you guys being salty about electros.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
. It's starting to sound like PBN with the hate on electros. Yes I'm salty about you guys being salty about electros.
... this is nothing like a PBN hate thread...this is just someone putting out a well thought out opinion (right or wrong), and others discussing it politely.

(I did not watch the videos, so if there is electro hating in there sorry I missed it)
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
I don't think my post came across as anti electro, cuz I agree with toads point that a jerk is a jerk regardless of the gun. there are very respectable players with electros. That being said, it is my experience that their is a correlation between electro players and high rates of fire. ITs my belief that even the best intentioned player will use their ROF advantage almost unconsciously (it is human nature to take the path of least resistance) or perhaps accidentally. To go in with 15 years experience with a huge ROF against new players with inferior equipment just isn't the players I want to be.

That is why I did point out the 40 round hopper point. If an electro player is going to pick their shots and not take advantage of their gear, they shouldn't be opposed to this requirement. I would hazard a guess that most electro players would not be pleased with this restriction.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I've played semi auto for years. And I try to never bonus ball anyone if I can help it. I've seen players make kids cry and I never want to be that guy...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Y'all seem salty about electros. Give a douche bag player a pump, electro, a crappy mech or whatever have you and he will be a douche. It's the player you have to change, not the gun. I play with both a pump and electro depending on my mood. I play competitive speedball and shoot a billion balls a second on the speedball field when everybody is doing it. In the forest or renters I'll one ball check people, cause I'm not a douche. It's starting to sound like PBN with the hate on electros. Yes I'm salty about you guys being salty about electros.
Agree. Its funny how the same people that bitch about electros will also brag about lighting up an entire field of electro players with a pump. Experience trumps the gun everytime.

Field owners should enforce renters and experienced players in 2 different groups. If they want, let shake n bakes and pumps play with the renters but bump them to the other group if they are getting most of the renters out.

Cuz you know what stings more then getting bonus balled? Getting out off the break every game and having to sit it out while the experienced player is consistently the last one out every game.

I also want to emphasize, it's not up to the field to cater to every style of gear owner. The field needs to do what's best for business. That's renters first, then the experienced players in an open group.

Anyone that wants their own style of play should organize a private game . Don't have enough friends for a private game? Then maybe you are that guy that nobody wants to play with, whatever style you play.

Last edited by theangrydragon; 01-06-2016 at 10:21 PM.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

first off diomedes you're a champ...well played and good job standing up. Your argument is sound and 300z and I often have this discussion.

Now as for the gear and the player being a douchebag. I agree that douchebags play all forms of paintball. But I can also tell you this; I play single shot most of the time because if you put an electro in my hands it's just too easy to accidentally over shoot someone. If you shoot someone and have more than one break on them you overshot them. Period. No argument. It takes one break to be eliminated. Saying stuff like "oh I just wanted to make sure there was a break" etc... is just wrong, ask him if it broke, don't just shoot him again.

Now this is a generalization but I have yet to play with a player playing with an electro who "just one balled" people. I hear that all the time and it's funny because I've never seen it. I've one balled people...it's all I can do...but the amount of times a dude has told me he was "one ballin" with me shooting his g6r/ego/response trigger a5 or whatever and I look at the 3-4 extra breaks on me makes me laugh with frustration. Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining. I've said it before and I'll say it again; people need to take ownership for the way they play and how it affects others myself included. I am competitive as f***. I'll compete over who can s*** the fastest, or biggest or smelliest, while doing a handstand. It's annoying and I try and work on it. Thanks to Mar and 300z and Stilgar and keys I'm getting better. Diomedes thread is a reminder to all of us to play respectfully for everyone. If this thread offends you then do what I have to do all the time and check yourself to make sure you're not that guy.

I'm not attacking anyone, I love you all and just want us to all be the best possible people we can be. One love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Nerd

Okay, to Third of Five:

One major problem here is the enormous ambiguity that basically boils down to “how experienced is too experienced?” In my mind, there’s a relatively small window between “get your own gear” and “should play pump/mech/etc” in recball. A couple of years, maybe. Time enough in which the average player will probably buy an electro setup and get competent with it. At that point, bring it back down. But there’s obviously a lot of wiggle room in that assessment.

Regarding that elimination, that wasn’t anger, that was, “If I go for the surrender, coin flip he spins on me.” That’s why I said “You’re out” right after the hit, to make it perfectly clear that there was no room for any further action.

No, I didn’t apologize for my name-calling. Fair point, mea culpa.

Talked to the refs and manager after. They’re pretty on top of things at that place, and usually split up the walk-ons into two groups, but it wasn’t a big crowd, and it was almost all renters/new players. To be fair, there were a couple of other players shooting electros, and they were doing an admirable job playing slower than they would have had it been a more experienced group.

Toad:

I'm not inherently anti-electro. I'm anti-ruining-new-players'-days. Electros in irresponsible hands facilitate that. While most players claim that they would never overshoot or play too hard against new players (seriously, go check out where I posted this on Reddit. Nothing but saints over there, apparently), we all know it happens. Frequently. If a player is genuinely interested in not overshooting, they should be willing to use equipment that essentially prevents it. And if they are not willing to take that step, I have a hard time taking at face value what they're saying about respecting the new players and such.

Jordan:

I agree, you can't take the human factor out of it. But you can limit the damage the human factor can do by limiting firepower. Experienced players, who should know not to overshoot new players, should be willing to do so voluntarily.

Thanks for input, everyone. Keep it coming.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I feel it's more how one plays with or lack of honor, then the gear being used. A D**k is a D**k no matter what gear they use. But I despise electros Cus to many times I've seen kids racking up "point/kills" with their buddies by hosing down a bunch of new players/ renters.

I personaly use pumps most of the time or run a mech gun while hopper balling. Feel it levels the playing field and is less intimadating to walk ons. Plus gives me a greater challenge.

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post

Toad:

I have a hard time taking at face value what they're saying about respecting the new players and such.
I guess I was a little bitter in my original reply. I can promise you that you can take what I say at face value. I've ran a field for 4 years, and I get to deal with those angry renters who get lit up or bonused balled, and I hope the people I play with on here would back me up on that I'm mostly a decent guy in recball, I know I'm a bit of a physco when I play speedball, but that's not against renters.

Anywho, the people who blast renters aren't interested in playing pump, cause they love blasting new kids and bragging to their mom about it when they get home. I've seen good players walk all over new players and think it's funny. So I would send out some good players, such as refs, and then they would get mad because they are the ones getting walked on now, and would go off and cry. It's a matter of personality and desire, not about the gun. Sure, the electro can over shoot, but it happens fairly rarely with a fair and honorable player.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Only experienced players should be shooting electronic guns in rec ball.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone