mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-06-2016, 11:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Nerd

Toad, I want to make clear, I did not mean (and didn't mean to imply) that you are someone who would overplay against new players. Peruse this thread for what I'm talking about.

You bring up a good point: Anyone who would be willing to do this generally isn't a huge problem, while someone who would be reluctant is exactly the person that it's intended to affect. It's a bit of a paradox. The players I know that are willing to rock an APP 50 on a Geo are the same ones who can rock a Rotor on that same Geo and not ruin anyone's day in a mixed crowd. A conundrum.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
WTB: Pirate Lever
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mar
Just ****ing confused

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I guess I was a little bitter in my original reply. I can promise you that you can take what I say at face value. I've ran a field for 4 years, and I get to deal with those angry renters who get lit up or bonused balled, and I hope the people I play with on here would back me up on that I'm mostly a decent guy in recball, I know I'm a bit of a physco when I play speedball, but that's not against renters.

Anywho, the people who blast renters aren't interested in playing pump, cause they love blasting new kids and bragging to their mom about it when they get home. I've seen good players walk all over new players and think it's funny. So I would send out some good players, such as refs, and then they would get mad because they are the ones getting walked on now, and would go off and cry. It's a matter of personality and desire, not about the gun. Sure, the electro can over shoot, but it happens fairly rarely with a fair and honorable player.
Toad is very good people. Responsible, fair, and a gentleman on the field.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
Only experienced players should be shooting electronic guns in rec ball.
I can get behind this too. inexperienced players with electros is a recipe for pain. someone who has trigger control can easily dial back as needed

with that said recball for me is pump or if the numbers are severely stacked I'll run a GoG eNMEy. just a tad more firepower to keep heads down but not enough to intimidate.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

One thing that i do when i bring a marker, wether it be a matrix, bushmaster, alien, quest, impulse, rogue, you name it, i let new players try it out.

Give me any marker and ill play, and thats how it should be. I let an opposing player use my dark intimidator and i used his T98 and i won our side the game ( flag grab at center field ).

They enjoy trying it out and it also helps them realize that its not what they shoot that makes them good. Its about playing angles, making quick desicions, being alert and working as a team.

Now as far as electro's being a problem in the wrong hands, yes, its true. But as electro's bieng the problem, no, not really. A rainmaker is an electro, but it can hardly outshoot a semi, and i do understand where talking about faster marker here but you get my point.

Field regulations could also come into play that not only govern safety, but the general atmosphere and experience. I know it would dilute the experince for some, but perhaps another field could be used for more agressive players.

Personally, im not there to mow faces, im there to have fun, meet new people and share experiences. I guess I've been blessed at my local field with a great group of people old and new to the sport who have a high level of respect for others and gear.

Unfortunatley, no matter what is done or said, as long as humans exist, these problems will exist.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Nerd

Yes, as long as humans play paintball, that fact will cause problems. But we can reduce those problems if people use gear that prevents overshooting. Can we agree on that point? Because that's really the crux of the argument.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
WTB: Pirate Lever
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
One thing that i do when i bring a marker, wether it be a matrix, bushmaster, alien, quest, impulse, rogue, you name it, i let new players try it out.

Give me any marker and ill play, and thats how it should be. I let an opposing player use my dark intimidator and i used his T98 and i won our side the game ( flag grab at center field ).

They enjoy trying it out and it also helps them realize that its not what they shoot that makes them good. Its about playing angles, making quick desicions, being alert and working as a team.

Now as far as electro's being a problem in the wrong hands, yes, its true. But as electro's bieng the problem, no, not really. A rainmaker is an electro, but it can hardly outshoot a semi, and i do understand where talking about faster marker here but you get my point.
I've done this too when playing in games with friends. I've even kept ramping on and show them how it works. Never have an issue with people complaining about overshooting. Yup, a noob with a ramped electro fed by a rotor and nobody complains.

I think a big issue is the expectation that paintball is one shot per out.

For everyone that claims "I only oneball", do you play a turn based strategy version of paintball where a ref stands right on top of every player?

This game is fast, even with stock class markers. Unless I'm firing right on top of someone I'm firing multiple balls. If I hit someone and they dont call out I assume it bounced and am firing more balls there way.

I'm not flagging a ref down for a paintcheck on another player. I play with decent enough people that will either ask for a paintcheck on themselves if not sure, or go out when they get hit.

People need to let stuff slide and give the other player the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be a douchebag. Again, I stick to private or hosted games so I don't run into these people, but even in our games stuff happens and we apologize. I see vids and hear of so many incidents where people get all huffy or try to player ref the field in the exact style they want to play.

If a field can't regulate then it's a ****ty field, play somewhere else, outlaw, or private game.

Last edited by theangrydragon; 01-07-2016 at 12:28 AM.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Goin for it

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
It's a matter of personality and desire, not about the gun. Sure, the electro can over shoot, but it happens fairly rarely with a fair and honorable player.
I totally agree. But I also feel like the "good players" you send the refs after are mostly using electros. And therefore setting an example for new players. In turn the new players get electros and act like the "cool kids" that allways shot them. So by time the refs get to walk on them it's too late. The next generation of D bags has begun. Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way. Preaching pumps is never a bad thing. You can overshoot/ multi ball with mechs,mag fed,electro but it takes allot to accidentally overshoot with a pump. Especially at close quarters. Can we all atleast agree to that? lol

My Feedback

Last edited by Ant Assassin; 01-07-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Ant Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #28 (permalink)

The field refs should separate the players between beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. If you are a beginner then join the beginner player games. Advanced or experienced players should be playing among themselves. Plenty of fields here in Cali do this with caveat of having beginner group of games with electro's use non electronic loaders. At times they can snuff out an experience player among the beginners but at least it's mostly fair since everyone has to run a basic hopper, 10 ft rule, no excessive shooting etc. You'll always have players who know the field but at least no is getting blasted 5+ times from a single marker.

It's ridiculous to expect experience players have to buy a pump or even use a non electronic hopper just to be a 'nice guy'. Only way to curb any sort of 'noob hunting' is having the fields designate the groups themselves and have them play eachother.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:27 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonominal View Post
It's ridiculous to expect experience players have to buy a pump or even use a non electronic hopper just to be a 'nice guy'.
It's not that they "have to", it's more ideal that "they should want to".

Think about all the expensive stuff that a so called good player is expected to buy. A gun over some arbitrary price point (varies from field to field of course but $500 seems a common price point). A force feed hopper. An HPA system, that MUST be a 4500 psi tank. Paintball specific pants. A pod pack that holds at least 4 pods. Arm pads, knee pads, gloves, whatever headwear that's in style at that particular field. A goggle system that's not a "noob" goggle.

None of this is required to play. A cheap gun, a cheap tank, a cheap hopper, a "not too" cheap goggle, and you're on the field. Anything else is stuff you are taught you should want.

So a new lesson, you should also want to have... the Fun Gun. The gun that's not bought because it's better than the last one, the one that's bought because it's fun. Fun for you, fun for your opponents. Not your main gun, but the one you grab if that first game goes just a little to easy for you. It should be more common for a player to say "I love me new LV1, its great for those hardcore games, but I'll grab my trusty old Pro-Carb for those fun games". "There's too many renters for me to use my Luxe today, I think this is more of a Hammer 7 type of day." "It's too easy to burn through a hopper with my Geo, much easier to one shot with my pump." "My tourney gun is for playing tourneys, we're going full GIJoe in the woods today, bring me my MR6!"

Considering a huge number of potential Fun Guns can be acquired for less than most good players spend on their PANTS, what's the excuse?

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:34 AM   #30 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonominal View Post
The field refs should separate the players between beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. If you are a beginner then join the beginner player games. Advanced or experienced players should be playing among themselves. Plenty of fields here in Cali do this with caveat of having beginner group of games with electro's use non electronic loaders. At times they can snuff out an experience player among the beginners but at least it's mostly fair since everyone has to run a basic hopper, 10 ft rule, no excessive shooting etc. You'll always have players who know the field but at least no is getting blasted 5+ times from a single marker.

It's ridiculous to expect experience players have to buy a pump or even use a non electronic hopper just to be a 'nice guy'. Only way to curb any sort of 'noob hunting' is having the fields designate the groups themselves and have them play eachother.
Most of us don't live in an area with 20 million+ people. So Cal guys have it good, but some don't realize what paintball is like in the rest of the world.

Most fields don't get a big enough turnout to run separate groups. Heck, a lot of fields don't get enough people to run one group on some days.

Last edited by 2hits; 01-07-2016 at 05:08 AM.
2hits is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone