mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Safety third.

Good Paint?

What paint is good these days? I'm hoping to play some BYOP events later this summer, and it's been a few years since I've played anywhere that wasn't field paint only. I used to swear by Marballizer, but I know GI Sports bought Kee last year (and maybe closed RPS's US manufacturing??)

When you can shoot anything, what do you buy? I don't mind paying more for paint that flies true and breaks at a distance.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

valken redemption. if you can't get that, valken graffiti. avoid empire paint altogether. marballizer is in name only; that paint is trash now.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Even Graffiti has been taking a downhill turn the past year or 2 (still decent though). I haven't shot any Evil recently but if your marker isn't hard on paint that was the best stuff I've ever shot.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCD Member

In the past year I've had good luck with redemption, GI 4-star/5-star, hk exclusive
Old 07-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Started in '89

I agree with everything Empire being trash. I have used Heat and Marbleizer recently and both were bad. Heat was oblong with heavy seams and Marbleizer just kept breaking in the barrel of my Gtek. The Gtek handles 5-star just fine so I know it's not the gun.

I have only used Valken Fate which is Valkens lowest end paint. It shot well and broke consistently but was on the real small size (.679). The people running Redemption that day said it was working well for them. I was running my Crossover that day so I didn't try the higher end paint.

I am a fan of the GI paint. Everything from field, 1-star, custom, 3-star and 5-star has worked well for me recently. I also like that it is on the bigger size and fits a .689 barrel real well.

I didn't know it was around anymore, but during a pump/magfed day at a local field I said give me a bag of the cheap stuff and was handed a bag of Draxxus field paint. That was a name I hadn't seen in a while. It was fresh and shot well but was a little hard and on the small size (.680). I never broke a ball in my TCR or Tipx all day but experienced a few bounces off people.
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash74 View Post
I agree with everything Empire being trash. I have used Heat and Marbleizer recently and both were bad. Heat was oblong with heavy seams and Marbleizer just kept breaking in the barrel of my Gtek. The Gtek handles 5-star just fine so I know it's not the gun.

I have only used Valken Fate which is Valkens lowest end paint. It shot well and broke consistently but was on the real small size (.679). The people running Redemption that day said it was working well for them. I was running my Crossover that day so I didn't try the higher end paint.
The fate I've shot has been sub-.679 in size. and my only experience with Empire is Marbalizer and that stuff was breaking in everything from Etek's and Ego's to Luxe's. Lots of jams too, had an oblong one completely block my feedneck
Check Six Paintball Team
https://www.checksixpaintball.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

we had this talk before and will always lead to this your not always going to get great batch of paintball's. do to fact weather can change how good or bad they are. do to fact you might get batch of winter balls. but in south or Texas weather could be in mid to late 80's which will make changes to paintball's. you also got to take in to fact you do not know how long been sitting out for and not been rotated. you also have fact not all paintball's will be close to size they claim they are. also if paintball's do not match the barrel. it will cause batch of paintball's be so bad. i wish gov or company's could find away to make sure all paintball's do come out at size they calm to be not to small or to large. not sure why gov has not go involved on this issue. do to fact misleading people. gov or company's need find way to make so they are what they claim.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Safety third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
we had this talk before and will always lead to this your not always going to get great batch of paintball's. do to fact weather can change how good or bad they are. do to fact you might get batch of winter balls. but in south or Texas weather could be in mid to late 80's which will make changes to paintball's. you also got to take in to fact you do not know how long been sitting out for and not been rotated. you also have fact not all paintball's will be close to size they claim they are. also if paintball's do not match the barrel. it will cause batch of paintball's be so bad. i wish gov or company's could find away to make sure all paintball's do come out at size they calm to be not to small or to large. not sure why gov has not go involved on this issue. do to fact misleading people. gov or company's need find way to make so they are what they claim.
OK, but until Congress passes the Guaranteed Quality Paintball Act, what do you like to shoot when you have a choice?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

My local field uses empire paint and there has been a noticeable decline in paint quality this year except the evil has held up really well
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Valken Graffiti has always worked well for me. Redemption is even a bit better. I steer clear of Valken low-end paint, however...have had some bad luck with anything below Graffiti.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone