mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Keeper of souls of bees

My best barrel tag involved coming up on the blind side of a player and pressing the side of my barrel against his ribs. I quietly asked him if he wanted to take the surrender or go home with a welt. Laughed about it together that night and the next day. It is a good thing he surrendered I forgot to load the marker.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I think it depends on the group of players that are involved. I do "barrel tag" people, but that's with my sound judgement.

Now going around with just a barrel. That's just dumb. :/
Old 10-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
My best barrel tag involved coming up on the blind side of a player and pressing the side of my barrel against his ribs. I quietly asked him if he wanted to take the surrender or go home with a welt. Laughed about it together that night and the next day. It is a good thing he surrendered I forgot to load the marker.
Ah, yes. The infamous Mike Quinn "camera" tag incident with the 007. You got MVP with that one if I recall.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I only ever 'barrel tag' when i have the drop on someone from behind(ish). It usually consists of a gentle hand on the shoulder/back to let them know i'm there, then a tap with the barrel and something along the lines of 'barrel tag, sorry mate, your out'.

If someone were to try a barrel tag on me from the front, i usually have my gun up, so it will not end well. Though i guess its better for them than it could be as i don't own any electric or response triggers. I've had several people get the drop on my from behind, and i graciously accept.

My brother has a nasty scar on his shin from a guy who dove over a bunker, gun outstretched, barrel first. Dug a section of skin right off AND sheered dudes barrel threads. If that had hit him in the gut...there would have been serious internal medical concerns.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

I usually walk up offer to shake their hands, fist bump, "slap" on the bicep/shoulder kinda thing then inform them they are out...if done courteously there are usually no hard feelings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Baller

Ive seen rules around this change over time. Rather than barrel-tag, most of my fields have a "if you're within 10 feet you have to offer a mercy" rule. If the player you're attempting to mercy does anything other than immediately surrender, you can shoot them out. Most fields up here will say you can also tap people on the shoulder with your hand, or tap them with the broad side of your rubber knife (if ya got one) - but they usually explicitly say "no stabbing or slashing motions".

Very rarely do i see a close up 'barrel tag'. In fact, i probably haven't seen an actual barrel tag for a few years, and i don't think I've ever seen anyone running around with just a barrel or a piece of pipe.

One thing i have seen lately is people using their squeegees to tap people out. Ive even seen kids running around with nothing but a squeegee in their hands - just tapping people out by letting the squeegee flop over on their targets head or shoulder as they run by them. Kinda funny thing to see, really.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 03:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Daddy

Fan of EMR
If someone ever tried to tag me with anything in a game of PAINTBALL, I'm going to have a problem with them.
I am that guy, go Larp, I'm here for paintball, and if you hit me with something, I'll return the favor.

I also hate the imaginary bull**** they use in scenario games. I had a clear shot on a guy but was low on air and out of range. A ref heard me screaming for a teammate to take the clear shot and asked if I wanted to use a "sniper shot."
I wish I could tell you exactly what I said, because I'm usually pretty witty off the top, but just know I mocked the entire concept and that the enemy got away.
Still worth it.

Edit: I also am on the fence about nerf tank killers for the same reason above, this is paintball... But I live with it because at least it's a projectile.

Sorry, I know this wasn't a "what do you hate about paintball" thread but I was on a roll.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

The thread is meant to discuss the safety point of view, so "Oh, I barrel tag people" isn't the focus here to those who are posting that. Like I said, I don't care if people want to do it, but they can't get upset about getting shot, they shouldn't play on, they shouldn't have any object capable of hurting someone inadvertently, etc.

The other issue is for me, I'm not used to shooting people that have no gun because a lot of times, those people are referees. Sure, they should have an orange referee shirt or jersey but a lot of times referees are local players for the field's team. They run up to check people and I don't want to go blowing up referees, people taking photos, etc. I've had situations where I hesitate shooting barrel taggers because I don't want to shoot referees. That's more of a fault of referees than the barrel taggers, but its existent.

I don't barrel tag people, I'll put a hand on their shoulder and I usually don't get spun on. I also don't feel the need to say cheesy 1980s one liners like some of you guys but to each their own.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Pistoleer in training

I think when it comes to the plastic knives or nerf sword, I don't think I would really have any problem.It might make the game more gun or comical, but I'd rather not get jabbed or whacked by a barrel or pipe.

Although, I suppose if you wrapped some foam on it ,i guess that would be alright.
justin25567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
Keeper of souls of bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGSplatmaster View Post
The thread is meant to discuss the safety point of view, so "Oh, I barrel tag people" isn't the focus here to those who are posting that.
This is MCB, threads get derailed
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone