mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm very free with my paint. I tend to buy more then I could possibly shoot and I do not like to keep paint around for long periods of time. So at the end of the day I usually give my leftovers to young/new players on my way out anyway. So sharing some of my paint during a game is not unheard of but since I usually play hopper ball I usually do not have much on the field to share.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #32 (permalink)
Pocket Full of Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I often give away paint if I have it. I've also had players give me paint when I've run out...

Depends on the situation. If I'm playing for free, I'm more likely to give away paint. If I paid and the paint is amazing, I am more likely to hoard it.

I hate leaving a field with paint, as lately it goes bad before you can use it.
I occasionally ask people for paint but that is friends and I will give it to them once we get back up to the staging area. Same for giving it away if I have it. It also depends if it is rec play, scenario, or something else. Also if I know the kid has just been shooting at nothing all day I am prone not to give him much.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My personal pet peeve is the people who ask if they can try shooting your gun then unload a hopper of your paint. If you want to shoot a hopper of your own paint through my gun to test it out that is fine, if you want to just fire off 5-6 shots of my paint that is also fine. But when you ask me for a favor then take advantage of the situation to basically steal a pod of paintballs, that is just rude. I loaned it to because you wanted to try firing it, not because I felt that I had too much paint.
Vital_Signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Found it!

Between friends, no issue tossing paint around. I usually split a case with Dukie at EMR and have some left when we're done.

On field I can't say that people have asked all that often. Now and then someone around me will say that they are out of paint and I'll offer a pod if I've got one; without them asking. I'm likely to have a pod left over when I'm done the day, and it's annoying to store it, so why not give it out then to someone who can use it?
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

first game I ever played 1984 a guy was scabbing paint from everyone (remember it was $4 for a tube of 10 rounds then) so it was expensive most guys gave him 5 rounds etc...turns out we funded his day of play...since then nope unless you are a team mate, it shifts the game or I just want to dump it, I wont will not hand over freebies.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

In scenarios i'll occasionally give a pod out to keep a player in a good position...but even then its usually me initiating the offering when they mention their paint status. I ask them if they would like 50. Occasionally i'll give it to a race gun to keep them on objective longer...just to watch them blow it all 10 seconds later with a couple long ropes...

Every so often i'm the one who's almost out of paint, and random players offer full pods... If there are multiple brands of paint on field, and i know i'm chrono'd for the smaller paint, i ask what paint they have. If they say the bigger paint, i politely decline and give my brief reasoning. If they have acceptably sized paint, i usually just top my off hopper (50rnd) and hand the mostly full pod back to them.

Very rarely, at scenarios, am i ASKED to loan paint...at which point i show them my 50rnd pod and they just laugh. If there are different types of paint involved, and i've bore checked them before hand, i'll ask what paint they are using, to make sure i don't give them something that will spike their velocity.

I think i've only had one renter ever ask me for paint in rec play...but i usually play hopper ball, so there isn't much easy paint sharing under fire anyways.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

i am like most people i love to see people look on their face when i hand them 10rd tube. most people know when i use to play their and did not give me look after awhile. but other new players or old players new to field would give say what look. just glad i had field in Palm Bay FL where most of people at field use to seeing stick feed stockclass paintball guns being used.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

I share paint but not normally on the field. If I have an extra bag during a large game I will often share it with renters or someone I've been playing with all day. I've had this both ways, people giving me paint, and I sharing it further, and the opposite.

I don't carry that much on the field so I don't usually share a pod with strangers. Teammates yup or friends, sure.

I had a "bossy" kid at one recent game, was telling tons of people what to do all game lol, anyways the last 5 min of the game he runs up to me as I'm headed off the field demanding me for paint. Nope.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
I share paint but not normally on the field. If I have an extra bag during a large game I will often share it with renters or someone I've been playing with all day. I've had this both ways, people giving me paint, and I sharing it further, and the opposite.

I don't carry that much on the field so I don't usually share a pod with strangers. Teammates yup or friends, sure.

I had a "bossy" kid at one recent game, was telling tons of people what to do all game lol, anyways the last 5 min of the game he runs up to me as I'm headed off the field demanding me for paint. Nope.
i am like you all i bring to field is about 100 rounds per game but never use more then 50rds game. so i always have left over paint.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If I asked you for paint and you handed me a 10 rd tube to be a smart *** I would it put it in my hopper and empty all 10 rounds into you.

Just say no. Don't be a punk.
ajkwf9 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone