mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Pyre, I've essentially retired all other pumps since I got my Pyre several years back. Does not mean there are things I would not change but it's reliability, smooth pump stroke and trigger means I don't need anything else.

Note - I still own Mags, Sheridan, "Snipers" and Nelson based guns they just do not get much play anymore.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySickness View Post
A custom built cocker based sniper pump will always be the best in my opinion.
Versatile in the parts you can switch in to make it yours and smoother/gentler on paint then the other counter parts out in the world.
There is good reason why it is probably one of if not the most commonly used pump platforms ever to be used.
This is totally why I've never been that impressed with the value of CCM markers. I've owned a few. They are very nice for a production marker. I like the 45 frame (not the 86), the pump kit is good, bodies are good quality, cool elbows, internals are above average but not cutting edge. But I don't care for the barrel system, not a fan of the asa, hate the rail, feedneck needs a tool, really not my favorite reg style.

They are still snipers. I want parts I like on them. For that kind of money I can build anything, make it unique as I like, and make it as pretty as I like. With classic cocker resale value climbing, I can resell for my investment if I've made good choices.

But for now an MVP/17cu/Winchester combo is sweet. So light, tight, and smooth.

Last edited by spece108; 04-14-2017 at 01:09 AM.
spece108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
PvN

MVP with updated sear (fixes cocking point), lightened Poppet spring, CCM Hammer Spring, stock hammer, STELLA Barrel, 50 round Winny, 45/4500 stubby tank.
PvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Pyre, I've essentially retired all other pumps since I got my Pyre several years back. Does not mean there are things I would not change but it's reliability, smooth pump stroke and trigger means I don't need anything else.

Note - I still own Mags, Sheridan, "Snipers" and Nelson based guns they just do not get much play anymore.
The Pyre just seems like it would be...heavy. I've always wanted a Palmer piece though. Maybe someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spece108 View Post
This is totally why I've never been that impressed with the value of CCM markers. I've owned a few. They are very nice for a production marker. I like the 45 frame (not the 86), the pump kit is good, bodies are good quality, cool elbows, internals are above average but not cutting edge. But I don't care for the barrel system, not a fan of the asa, hate the rail, feedneck needs a tool, really not my favorite reg style.

They are still snipers. I want parts I like on them. For that kind of money I can build anything, make it unique as I like, and make it as pretty as I like. With classic cocker resale value climbing, I can resell for my investment if I've made good choices.

But for now an MVP/17cu/Winchester combo is sweet. So light, tight, and smooth.
I might like to build a parts bin Sniper. That would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvN View Post
MVP with updated sear (fixes cocking point), lightened Poppet spring, CCM Hammer Spring, stock hammer, STELLA Barrel, 50 round Winny, 45/4500 stubby tank.
A $600 marker that isn't perfect out of the box? Is the essentially what they're doing to make the MVP 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
I've porked many

An Autococker, it's like it just pumps itself.

Phantom for giggles though.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 04-14-2017 at 12:52 PM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
The Pyre just seems like it would be...heavy. I've always wanted a Palmer piece though. Maybe someday...
Actually it is lighter then an equivalent sniper because the regulator is integrated into the body, no back block, and less material in the upper tube due to slip fit barrel. The only thing that may ad some weight is the brass barrel but you do not have to use one, I have some other all aluminum barrels that are turned down to slip fit but I do prefer my vented brass barrels.

I really don't even think about the weight of my markers. I essentially started playing paintball with an original Sheridan Piranha LB using an AGD 6-Pak for an air source and a 90 rd Whaler on top. After that combination everything else is lighter.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Actually it is lighter then an equivalent sniper because the regulator is integrated into the body, no back block, and less material in the upper tube due to slip fit barrel. The only thing that may ad some weight is the brass barrel but you do not have to use one, I have some other all aluminum barrels that are turned down to slip fit but I do prefer my vented brass barrels.

I really don't even think about the weight of my markers. I essentially started playing paintball with an original Sheridan Piranha LB using an AGD 6-Pak for an air source and a 90 rd Whaler on top. After that combination everything else is lighter.
haha I hear that. I remember running a VM-68 with 3 bottles. You'd think I wouldn't complain about weight.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I might like to build a parts bin Sniper. That would be fun.
Back around '10, after having a crappy day with my trracers at PP, I decided to get a sniper. Got a genx body with internals and gripframe with ASA. Added a new Lapco barrel, with breach sizers. Got a new $30 hooptie pump kit on it.
I built it for pump only games, I didn't ​play much pump back then. But it quickly became my go to gun. It converted me. Then I leant it to bmann when his Blazer went down and now he shoots snipers pretty exclusively.
A partzboxer can be a pretty awesome peice, and make a nice sleeper too.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Back around '10, after having a crappy day with my trracers at PP, I decided to get a sniper. Got a genx body with internals and gripframe with ASA. Added a new Lapco barrel, with breach sizers. Got a new $30 hooptie pump kit on it.
I built it for pump only games, I didn't ​play much pump back then. But it quickly became my go to gun. It converted me. Then I leant it to bmann when his Blazer went down and now he shoots snipers pretty exclusively.
A partzboxer can be a pretty awesome peice, and make a nice sleeper too.
Hmmmm....I wonder....maybe I can make a MCB game out of this...

Quote:
Old 04-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

My perfect pump is my dust white quad-rod T2. I swapped out the CCM asa for a CP. I am in the process of attaching a springfeed, because I effing hate losing eliminations when my shaking and baking didn't get a ball to the chamber, and my rotor feels too big and bulky. But ya, call me spoiled but gravity fed is way too frustrating.

The other big thing I did was swap out the CCM stock spring in the pump handle for an 11lb spring. It is not nearly as smooth and effortless as the stock spring, but 11lbs keeps the bolt forward without my help. I can shoot one-handed while reaching for a 10 round tube to reload. I can focus more on where I point the gun instead of pointing AND having to hold the handle forward. With the spring mod and the springfeed on top I'm finally getting this T2 how I like it. Now I just need to find a way to attach a camera.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone