mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
"hit" is not a good indicator of being shot only a gun up in the air pointed up. Hit just sounds like ****.

It's hilarious that paintball couldn't settle on a standard as basic as this after all of these years.

Taking advantage of the fact that during most games there are a number of non combatants milling about in one form or another is never s cool strategy to me and I think encourages generally scummy play.

Good confessions
I kept pelting a guy in a big game that was laying under a tree, fiddling around. When he finally stood up, he flapped his arms at me like I was overshooting. If he had flapped an arm earlier, it would have been simpler.

In a small game, after some running action through the middle, I stopped, said "HIT", and put my right arm and marker fully up in the air. I got hit right in the top of the ribs under my arm. It was quick enough and from far away to be just a late shot, but it really warmed me up. Fortunately it was just that one hit, and I got off the field without opening my mouth.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
From now on I yell "out" at a blood curdling decibel. Seems to work better than hand raising alone.
Yeah but "out" rhymes with "bounce" which is something people also yell out quite often... just another wrench in the works

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932

Last edited by Chappy; 07-27-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Yeah but "out" rhymes with "bounce" which is something people also yell out quite often... just another wrench in the works
Hmm... I'll try DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM next time around, see if my outcome improves.
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Based on docs story it should go great!!!

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

I think we should make that an MCB challenge and all compare results.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
I've switched to either "out" or "no break"
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
One time I wuz playin so agg with my watermelon flex I took 4 hits in the chest off the break and superman dove into the snake wiping off all 4 hits as I crawled. got up to snake 50 and lit up two n00b refs on the sideline, while reloading (and dumping 75% of the pod on the ground) I swore at a bunch of kids while successfully wiping another lens hit I took. I was just able to take out my iphone for a dope selfie when another player came down the tapeline and bunkered me. I spun on him well after he had already hit and then argued about it with the refs and threw my marker. What an agg day.

......i kid i kid
I loled at work on this man I'm dying

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

It's one of those things there really should be standards. Gun overhead pointing in air equals out and anyone not doing this can / should be shot so none of the walking up sideline tricks which are not in the spirit of the game. That's like putting your colored tape on your least visible side and ticking it part way in your pants or something. It works but it's not how to play.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
I tagged a ref in the dome recently because I lost track of who was where and from my spot he appeared to be crouched behind a bunker. I just saw a mask peeking up, but he was actually a ways back on the sideline.

Pissed him off good and I attempted to apologize after the game but I'm not sure he was really listening. He just kind of went off on a rant about getting a real job (his words). I sorta wonder if he wasn't tasting the devil's candies between games, tbh

Tell you what, though, I sure felt ****ty about it
A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Haha on the note of shooting refs, my first time playing speedball waaaaay back in the day, I accidentally shot a ref in the nuts. I saw movement in my peripheral vision, and thought I was being bunkered so I spun and shot. Saw the ref (the source of the movement) collapse from the shot. Oooooops.

On the topic of the OP, I had a similar experience last time I was playing where I as chasing a dude down (guy was playing cat and mouse) and ended up catching up to him and we started trading shots while both of us were standing out in the open. I saw him start to flinch and turn away, so I called out. Meant to say "Are you hit?" but ended up just saying, "hit?" So I walked off cussing at myself for calling myself out when I didn't get hit.

My worst one, the one that I still feel guilty about even though it happened 2 years ago, was during a zombie game. One of the game rules is that the ref will call out Humans!! and Zombies!! and players on that team will yell out so that humans can't camp under some bush or something. Keeps the game going. So I was sneaking up on this guy (might have been 2 guys), and the ref calls Zombies!! I'm a zombie but I just spent however many minutes getting the drop on this guy so I hesitated, and then the ref called Humans!! and the moment passed. I was thinking, well I can't just call out now, that would be weird. So I waited a bit and then crept over the ridge and hit the dude. Or dudes. IDK.

Countless instances of accidental playing on, multiple accidental overshootings (which I really feel bad about because I throw a hissy fit every time I get overshot).

None of us are perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone